3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Stalls while driving or slowing down or sometimes when parked

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 07:33 PM
streetrodpainter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Stalls while driving or slowing down or sometimes when parked

I have an 02 1500 quadcab 4x4 with the 5.9. it has about 170k on it. for about the last 10k miles, it randomly stalls. has gotten worse over the last few thousand miles. it always starts back up...sometimes while coasting on its own and is never hard to start. full tuneup done at 140k along with tranny service. just replaced the tps and it still stalls. has only been about 100 miles since that. sometimes it will go a few days without happening, sometimes it will happen several times a day, warm or cold, ac on or off. one time a few weeks ago, when I had about a quarter tank of gas, it stalled....after I started it, the fuel guage went to empty and stayed there. I filled the truck up after and the gas guage has been fine. there is no lack of power, no pinging etc. just randomly dies. sometimes while cruising around 55, it will bang or jerk like it cut out for a split second. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:00 PM
boosted-fc3s
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about the IAC? I just cleaned mine, it was loaded with carbon. Idles much smoother now. Its directly below the tps.

Quick Reply: Stalls while driving or slowing down or sometimes when parked