3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

security indicator

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 12:10 PM
vince-p
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default security indicator

Hello,
i've bought a car yesterday (dodge ram 1500 slt (year:2003) 4.7l) and this morning, my car does't want to start.
I've a system indicator at the bottom (right) which make noise(a little bit) and the light is red!
I've just a red light (flicker)on my instrument panel(fits at the security indicator).When i turn the key , the red light stay red and i want to start the car, nothing!! and nothing in the instrument panel too!
1-What kind of trouble am I?
2-is is normal that the instrument panel displays the number of kilometers everytime even my car is locked?
The seller say me there is no alarm for this car
For information, I succeeded starting by connecting cables on another battery....but i think the battery is ok because it is new
thanks a lot

Old 05-07-2012, 09:23 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
Old 05-08-2012, 08:20 PM
Caseys-dodge
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations on your new truck! For these trucks it is normal for the odometer to display the current mileage when you open the drivers door even when it is off.

If you have an auto store like AutoZone or Advance Auto nearby, have them do a load test on the battery to verify that it is a good battery. I know you said it is new, but even if you just bought it brand new it could be bad from the store. These trucks act funny when they have a bad battery, they won't even try to crank over and it will only flash that little red security light in the dash.

Get the battery tested and let us know the results.
Welcome to the forum.

Quick Reply: security indicator