DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   3rd Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech-65/)
-   -   Got smoked by a SS pickup (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech/33356-got-smoked-by-a-ss-pickup.html)

HemiBuell 08-26-2005 01:22 AM

Got smoked by a SS pickup

I see this kid, really young, must have been his fathers truck. I hear the whine of a supercharger as he gives it some gas, and he gives me the signal. What the hell why not?

So we go around the corner to a nice long straight away where people race late night usually. And he blew me the Hemi away. I expected it, but damn that truck was fast. There is no way it was close to stock.

I don't know anything about the SS pickup, but I was impressed. I stayed with it off the line but it had serious top end acceleration with the SC.

muddauber5.7 08-26-2005 02:11 AM

RE: Got smoked by a SS pickup

Well hell yeah with a supercharger he's going to,put a supercharger in a ford and he'll blow you away too. But put one in your hemi and it'll be bye bye to them!!

Avanti 08-26-2005 05:03 PM

Welcome to reality... no matter how fast you are, how quick, or how good, there is always someone better! Such is competition, especially for those of us who do it for fun instead of for a living.

All the best, and pick your opponents carefully![sm=burnout.gif]

HemiBuell 08-26-2005 08:46 PM

I agree, I didn't going in to it thinking I was going to win. The SS was definitely not a sleeper. And then he started messing with something on his floor, so that was a dead give away. He held up money and I said no. I just like to race.

It gets even worse when I'm on my bike, I get huge balls and will race anyone anywhere.

05Dak 08-26-2005 09:40 PM

Hmmm, wasnt a stock SS, lol....GM should put a SC on it though so it can atleast "kinda" keep up with the real trucks!!lol

moparturd 08-27-2005 10:10 AM

There's one advantage to having a GM product, unlike our trucks, is that you can tune them with engine controllers, SC, TC, or whatever. There is always plenty of stuff to throw at your ride. Unfortunately, DC doesn't provide anything worth while for performance and the aftermarket stuff is sooooo expensive. Well, the worth while stuff anyway.[&o]

guido7 08-27-2005 11:19 AM

hey Todd, I agree.....GM, Ferd, and the like, have tons of stuff to jack up power on their trucks..... wish DC would do the same.... but thats ok, I still like my truck better than theirs......

BTW, saw a SC-SS pick up recently, and it looked bad........

CarGuyOhio 08-27-2005 01:49 PM

ORIGINAL: mopartodd

There's one advantage to having a GM product, unlike our trucks, is that you can tune them with engine controllers, SC, TC, or whatever. There is always plenty of stuff to throw at your ride. Unfortunately, DC doesn't provide anything worth while for performance and the aftermarket stuff is sooooo expensive. Well, the worth while stuff anyway.[&o]
Anything worth while is expensive lol.... That is why the Tornado is $19.95.....

shoedork 08-27-2005 03:20 PM

Not to worry about losing to that SS, the silverado ss has the all wheel drive system, but GM had to tone down the 6.0 the truck comes with thats why stock hp is 345 instead of closer to 400 like the new corvette. The all wheel drive system couldn't handle all the HP, so he won't be racing for long seeing how he will destroy his all wheel drive.:D

shoedork 08-27-2005 03:25 PM

besides, I owned a GM truck. Bought it brand new (4 miles on it when delivered) took awsome care of it, everyone in the service dept knew me due to the fact it keep f**kin' up, from haveing to have both driver and passanger doors re-set cause it rained inside aswell as out, the bed was installed wrong, numerious engine issues (lines, hoses, etc....) oh yea and the brakes failing, that was the fun one. So in short I owned one but never again will I make that mistake.