3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

07 wiper problems

Old 02-05-2013, 07:49 PM
07 Black Hemi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 wiper problems

hi i have an 07 hemi and i just noticed tonight that my wipers wont work. i havent drove the truck in a couple wks. it has been really cold.. could this be causing it or where do i start. i chiped the ice free, but im wondering if its froze around the wiper post?? thanks hope someone knows

Old 02-05-2013, 08:45 PM
06Ramin
Amateur

Do the wipers work when you use the widshield washer? (They should wipe 3 times)

Mine quit working on my '06 and it turned out to be the multifunction swithch was bad.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:41 AM
07 Black Hemi

ok.. i was driving to work and they did 1 swipe. then nothin. brought it in the heated shop at work and put a electric heater facing the wiper motor area and they now work in the shop.. could that mean a bad wiper motor? or like you said maybe the multifunction switch since high speed has never worked since i bought the truck..

Old 02-06-2013, 10:18 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 07 Black Hemi
ok.. i was driving to work and they did 1 swipe. then nothin. brought it in the heated shop at work and put a electric heater facing the wiper motor area and they now work in the shop.. could that mean a bad wiper motor? or like you said maybe the multifunction switch since high speed has never worked since i bought the truck..

The motor or the switch could possibly be the problem. Are you the original owner? Was the wiper motor ever replaced before? There was a recall on a few of them that had a wiper motor replaced previously. If you want to PM me the vin I can check on the recall for you. See below.

Safety Recall J11

Mopar Windshield Wiper Motor
2002-2008 (DR) Dodge Truck (1500 series pickup)
2005-2009 (DH) Dodge Truck (2500 series pickup)
2006-2009 (D1) Dodge Truck (3500 series pickup)
2007-2008 (DC) Dodge Truck (3500 series cab chassis)
2008 (DM) Dodge Truck (4500/5500 series cab chassis)
NOTE: This recall applies only to the above vehicles that had the original windshield
wiper motor replaced with a Mopar service parts windshield wiper motor.
During a prior service appointment, a Mopar service parts windshield wiper motor
may have been installed on about 1,000 of the above vehicles. These replacement
wiper motors may fail under certain operating conditions. A loss of windshield
wipers could limit the driver’s visibility and cause a crash without warning.
The windshield wiper motor must be inspected. Vehicles equipped with a Mopar
service parts windshield wiper motor must have the motor replaced.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 07 wiper problems