3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help 04 ram1500 won't start

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 06:41 PM
Tatarj2588
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help 04 ram1500 won't start

i was driving down the road today and my truck lost all power and i started to de-accelerate i pushed the gas but no luck, my engine shut off but my gauges were still reading my speed and rpms, i stopped and the truck wouldnt start again iot turns over but wont fire up. i sprayed some ether in the throttle body and it fires for a second and then dies again im thinking maybe the fuel pump is bad but im not too sure does anbody have any ideas im screwed its my daily driver

Old 05-04-2013, 08:17 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
Old 05-06-2013, 09:51 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That definitely sounds like a fuel problem.

Have you done anything different recently?

Any recent maintenance?

Which engine do you have?

5.7L Hemi? 4.7L V8? or 3.6L V6?

How many miles?

I know it sounds stupid, but if the fuel float got stuck it might be giving you a false reading and you might be out of fuel, so put some fresh fuel in (like 3-4 gallons) and see if that helps.

Next thing to do if that doesn't work is to get a fuel pressure gauge on the fuel rails and see if you are even getting fuel pressure.

Also check for any DTCs (Diagnostic Trouble Codes), there is a short how-to in the link in my signature to get them to display. (if you don't have a scanner that is)

But it definitely sounds like a fuel delivery problem if it will fire up if you give it some quick start fluid.

Quick Reply: Help 04 ram1500 won't start