3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

05 dodge ram daytona amp and system

Old 08-04-2013, 10:22 AM
boywonder_1101
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 dodge ram daytona amp and system

I have an 05 dodge ram daytona 1500 quad cab. I want to upgrade my speaker system but nothing over the top. I would like to know what size stock amp it comes with so I can get some better 6x9 speakers for it. Also where is the amp and can I put any bigger speakers in the door panel? just want a little extra bass. Any suggestions on a little upgrade. Oh btw I am replacing the factory radio with a jvc 50x4 watt. Oh yeah and anybody know exactly how many speakers and what sizes are where? I know there are two 6x9 in front. sorry for all the questions in one thread.

Old 08-05-2013, 09:46 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by boywonder_1101
I have an 05 dodge ram daytona 1500 quad cab. I want to upgrade my speaker system but nothing over the top. I would like to know what size stock amp it comes with so I can get some better 6x9 speakers for it. Also where is the amp and can I put any bigger speakers in the door panel? just want a little extra bass. Any suggestions on a little upgrade. Oh btw I am replacing the factory radio with a jvc 50x4 watt. Oh yeah and anybody know exactly how many speakers and what sizes are where? I know there are two 6x9 in front. sorry for all the questions in one thread.
Yeah. That's a lot of questions

IF you have the stock Infinity system itcis around 320 total, there are 7 speakers and the amp is behind the glove box.

If you have the non Infinity system, the amp is in the head unit and there are 4 speakers.

Old 08-05-2013, 10:21 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by weedahoe
Yeah. That's a lot of questions

IF you have the stock Infinity system itcis around 320 total, there are 7 speakers and the amp is behind the glove box.

If you have the non Infinity system, the amp is in the head unit and there are 4 speakers.
Correct on all accounts.

To the OP,

I can definitely help you with some speaker and amp choices, all depends on what you have in the truck now, what you listen to, and how loud you listen to it.. lol

Old 08-07-2013, 11:09 AM
boywonder_1101

Thanks Guys, I appreciate it. I have the four speaker system. I just want to get the maximum amount of bass out of a pair of 6x9s and whatever size the rear speakers are. I don't plan on entering any competitions or anything but I listen to a lot of hip hop and some rap so I like to hear the lows.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:49 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Old 08-07-2013, 01:43 PM
Izero
Champion

I'm going to educate you a little bit on Speakers... it is VERY hard for SPEAKERS to produce true "Bass" mainly (and to keep it simple) because Bass requires a lot of power and also Bass is generally under 60Hz most speakers lower cutoff is 65 Hz so you'll only get so much bass before you start "clipping"

For true Bass and that thump you are looking for you will need a subwoofer....

Old 08-07-2013, 10:08 PM
boywonder_1101

Thanks Izero. Heres the bottom line on why I haven't considered subwoofers. I used to have subwoofers in my car in high school and early twenties but now I'm in my thirties and I have a family so I'm not trying to relive my glory days just want a little extra kick. Also family life has made me more practical, the storage space under my back seats are better used for jumper cables, a tow rope, tools etc...(I know I should have this stuff in a tool box on the back but I just got this truck and to not sure I even really want one). Anyway thanks for the help I see some infinity six by nines on amazon that can handle 28Hz, I think I might try them.

Old 08-08-2013, 10:26 AM
Izero
Champion

Get Inifinity Kappa Series 6x9" the reference series infinities put out more highs.

Old 08-08-2013, 05:38 PM
Toefur
Professional

Just make sure the 6x9 speakers are shallow enough to let the window past when you roll it down.

Old 08-09-2013, 09:07 AM
Izero
Champion

Originally Posted by Toefur
Just make sure the 6x9 speakers are shallow enough to let the window past when you roll it down.
If memory serves the Dodge Ram has enough space to put in a 1/4 - 3/8" spacer to make the deeper speakers fit right, but I'd have to get my door panel open to make sure....

Where there is a will there is a way when it comes to mobile electronics....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 05 dodge ram daytona amp and system