DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   3rd Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech-65/)
-   -   Anyone know the HP/TQ ratings for stock 9.25" rear end? (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech/374100-anyone-know-the-hp-tq-ratings-for-stock-9-25-rear-end.html)

dirtydog 04-27-2014 04:40 PM

For arguments sake on a topic we can all relate....

Lets say I lease out my rental duplex for 1yr to some hot chick. I stipulate in the lease that I can enter whenever I want and watch her shower without notifying her. HA

Even if she signs the Lease, there are particular laws in place that omit these rules that I had her sign.

Another example that relates to cars:
You have an accident and your insurance company says you must go to their facility or they will not pay for the repairs. This is illegal EVEN if it's in their disclosure agreement that you signed when you agreed to pay then the monthly rate.

Even an aftermarket company cannot void your warranty for such devices. I would speak with an attorney and have the lawyer write up a legal action letter with their letterhead on it and see if that gets you anywhere. it will probably cost you a $100 consult fee and another $150 for the letter. It will be money well spent. Then, when they pay for the repairs and after they pay for the repairs, sue them for the $250 lawyer bill..lol

abarmby 04-28-2014 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by dirtydog (Post 3160115)
For arguments sake on a topic we can all relate....

Lets say I lease out my rental duplex for 1yr to some hot chick. I stipulate in the lease that I can enter whenever I want and watch her shower without notifying her. HA

Even if she signs the Lease, there are particular laws in place that omit these rules that I had her sign.

Another example that relates to cars:
You have an accident and your insurance company says you must go to their facility or they will not pay for the repairs. This is illegal EVEN if it's in their disclosure agreement that you signed when you agreed to pay then the monthly rate.

Even an aftermarket company cannot void your warranty for such devices. I would speak with an attorney and have the lawyer write up a legal action letter with their letterhead on it and see if that gets you anywhere. it will probably cost you a $100 consult fee and another $150 for the letter. It will be money well spent. Then, when they pay for the repairs and after they pay for the repairs, sue them for the $250 lawyer bill..lol

See. That last paragraph is how i think :icon_clapclap:
Sue them for the $250 attorney fees, that you didn't really need in the first place to get the service you should have received from the get go.
Its a screwy world:icon_gunhead:
Good luck.
Al

lxman1 04-29-2014 03:52 PM

The factory lifetime powertrain warranty should cover the repair without using an aftermarket warranty. I had a pinion seal fail and they replaced it. The mechanic at the dealer didn't notice that the spring in the seal had fell into the housing. As time went on it got a vibration in the rear axle. They tore it down and replaced all of the bearings due to the spring metal getting into the bearings. Never cost me a dime.
Your dealer should repair it for free with the Dodge warranty.

HIHemi 04-29-2014 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by lxman1 (Post 3160711)
The factory lifetime powertrain warranty should cover the repair without using an aftermarket warranty. I had a pinion seal fail and they replaced it. The mechanic at the dealer didn't notice that the spring in the seal had fell into the housing. As time went on it got a vibration in the rear axle. They tore it down and replaced all of the bearings due to the spring metal getting into the bearings. Never cost me a dime.
Your dealer should repair it for free with the Dodge warranty.

I thought that warranty only applied if you are the original owner? I bought the truck used, so I'm not sure it applies to me.

The warranty company told me today they had never heard of the Magnusson-Moss warranty act and that it doesn't really matter b/c my contract states that "any electrical or mechanical alteration to the vehicle voids the warranty". Am I taking crazy pills here? How do they not know about a FEDERAL LAW that directly applies to their product?

More to follow on this. It's lawyer time.

HIHemi 06-23-2014 04:49 PM

Just thought I would provide an update for my warranty dilemma. Received a check in the mail today for $2000, the cost of the repair they should have covered in the first place. I guess taking the time to educate the warranty company on the finer points of the Magnuson-Moss warranty act paid off! Thanks to all those who offered input on this.

dirtydog 06-24-2014 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by HIHemi (Post 3175999)
Just thought I would provide an update for my warranty dilemma. Received a check in the mail today for $2000, the cost of the repair they should have covered in the first place. I guess taking the time to educate the warranty company on the finer points of the Magnuson-Moss warranty act paid off! Thanks to all those who offered input on this.

I'm glad to hear it's been taken care of. Just sucks you had to go through such a hardship to get there.