3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Which 6.1 valve springs??

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 09:52 PM
blurz28ss
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure listing my email is a breach of your sites privacy policy

I've taken a screen shot, thanks.

If this is the limit of expertise from forum moderators I'm better off getting advice elsewhere ........

Last edited by blurz28ss; 06-04-2014 at 09:59 PM.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:58 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

No, you and we are free to post emails all day long. Since you were banned for violating the rules you agreed to, I simply left a forwarding address for other members to follow. Take all the screen shots you want.

In reference to post #17, you have have more smarts than me and built more than I have then you are the smartest one here and no one else can assist you.

Now, do I need to ban this account also or are you going to play nice? Because we can stop you altogether from making multiple accounts. It's easy.

By the way, changing your registration email won't help.

Last edited by weedahoe; 06-04-2014 at 10:01 PM.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:40 PM
joebaum
Professional

The springs I put in my 04 ,
Quantity 16
Part# 5037477AD
I asked for the same info u asked for and got the same
Indirect answer. Hope this helps
That's what we're here for right?

Old 06-06-2014, 10:30 PM
itsUhHemi
Professional

ROFL!! Omg this thread is hilarious. At first I was kind of agreeing with Blurz about him not being able to get a direct answer. But after you (weedahoe) replied twice saying year make and model doesn't matter and to just "google 6.1 hemi valve springs" I started thinking otherwise. Geez for somebody who has built a number of blocks you would think they know how to comprehend better...

Old 06-06-2014, 10:49 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

Look, I have an ex wife who is used to having everything done for her because she can't think for herself. She has zero troubleshooting skills and can't think outside the box.

I have no problem being direct. Hell, I answer a ton of threads with direct answers but there is a reason I did not do it here.

Literally all it takes is a 2 min Google search. But rather than taking 2 mins, someone here wants to waste more time worrying about a direct answer because they (like my ex) can't think for themselves and know how to think outside the box (aka troubleshooting skills). It's not that I'm trying to be rude. I'm trying to help by leading someone to do a little searching and digging.

Like I said before, if someone doesnt know how to keep an engine cool or at least shut it down when it gets hot before damaging it, I would not trust that person to pull my engine and rebuild it for me.

Old 07-09-2014, 11:11 PM
TejasMtnBiker
Captain

ahh this was fun reading but found what I was looking for too, at least the springs went before pulling the boat out in the middle of bfe this coming weekend =)

does anyone have a particular favorite valve spring tool they like best?

never mind looks like the rental tool is the way to go here goes my first spring job finally

Last edited by TejasMtnBiker; 07-09-2014 at 11:56 PM.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:02 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

Yeah, I used to make them and sell them but don't have access to machine shop like I used to.

Summit Racing also sell them.

Old 07-10-2014, 04:02 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

Yeah, I used to make them and sell them but don't have access to machine shop like I used to.

Summit Racing also sell them.

Old 07-10-2014, 03:54 PM
TejasMtnBiker
Captain

just pulled my 1st plugs on #2 the gaps were @ 68, being thus far off could that have caused the p0300? I didnt think i'd gone that far along since the last time I changed them out, figured I'd check all the wires add new plugs before getting to the valve springs.

read every page on here for this code & symptoms leading to this & the youtube vids. @142k should I just go for the valve springs anyways since I got 4 days off lol

just thought id throw this out there while the beers get cold

Old 07-10-2014, 09:06 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

Only time I would change them without a cam is if I had an 03/04 so it might be a good idea for you to do it if you have the time

Quick Reply: Which 6.1 valve springs??