3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Found my stolen truck in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 12:50 PM
bigcmcdannel
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found my stolen truck in Detroit

Found my truck with no wheels even the spare is gone, so battery, bad body damage and was dropped on the ground not on blocks to steal the wheels. Busted ignition to many scrapes to list. A sad day for me.. Even stole my Carharttt work jacket (brand new) but left my Chicago Bears blanket and coffee mug, and my Bass (fish air freshner) so I guess it is not a total loss haha. check out this ebay add and read it closely to see if you think it sounds suspicious. I am not good at posting links so if it does not work than the auction item number is 8010354830 and the sellers name is "redlittlecamaro" He has 4 brand new rims and tires, 20" dodge ram starting the auction at 300 dollars. Even has the spare for an extra 100 dollars. Lives in Allen Park Michigan and charges 200$ to ship but has free pick up in Detroit if desired. Says he has sold over 200 sets of wheels with no problems but only has 1 feed back. The feedback is from a previous auction of Dodge Ram Rims with only 85% tread left on them with a spare. They end up going for around 1,000$ at the end of the auctions so if this is true that he has sold 200 sets then that would be 200,000 dollars of tax free money and where do these wheels come from. My guess is from me and you. Please take the time to check this aution out. He even gives his phone number in the auction to contact about questions. I sent him an email asking if these wheels were stolen and he replied that they were dealer take off's. I am not buying it one bit, why would the dealer take off 200 sets of premium rims and if so how would they end up on ebay selling by an individual and not an ebay store. Here is the link..... if it does not work please open up ebay and check this out with the info above. Tell me what you think!! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge...spagenameZWDVW

Thanks guys

Old 10-29-2005, 01:04 PM
catdaddy6968
Default RE: Found my stolen truck in Detroit

yeah, those might not be your rims but he stole them from somebody. I also noticed that his ebay account was just started in september of this year. how could he have sold over 200 sets?

Old 10-29-2005, 01:07 PM
bigcmcdannel

maybe someone should be contacted he left his phone number I would like everyone on this site to see this!!!

Old 10-29-2005, 01:10 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What does the investigator on your case think?

~Amanda

Old 10-29-2005, 01:18 PM
bigcmcdannel

investigator hahahahah, sorry to laugh but they dont even look into these matters. I actualy called the allenpark police where this guy lives and also my city police and they both shrugged me off so maybe if more people get interested who knows.

Old 10-29-2005, 01:22 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Really? Not that it's the same, but when my truck was keyed, I had an investigator on the case immediately... I can't believe they don't at least have someone assigned to follow up for you...

~Amanda

Old 10-29-2005, 01:30 PM
LXS4Ross

sorry to hear that happened to you. The other week, as I was going down to the local Dodge dealer, they had an SRT-10 truck sitting out front by the entry way. As I turn in the entrance, I notice the truck is on cinder blocks with all of it's wheels stolen. I thought to myself, "I'll probably see those 22" wheels on Ebay soon".

Who knows, those could be your wheels in that link. Where does this guy get off saying the retail value for the wheels and tires is $5,000? The tires can be had for $135 each, and I could find the wheels on Ebay or this board for $600-700. $1500 retail maybe, but not $5k.

Old 10-29-2005, 01:36 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: bigcmcdannel

investigator hahahahah, sorry to laugh but they dont even look into these matters. I actualy called the allenpark police where this guy lives and also my city police and they both shrugged me off so maybe if more people get interested who knows.
Grand theft auto is a major enough crime it should be investigated. You pay taxes. Not like someone stole your lawn jockey. If the police blow you off goto the Sergeant, if he blows you off goto the county sheriff, if they blow you off goto your local council person. It is an election year, they will bend over backwards for you. You will only get action if you seek it.

On a side note, does anyone know if DC stamps serial numbres of parts or can trace his wheels to his truck?

Get your insurance money fast and get to the dealers before all the 05s are gone, they are dirt cheap.

Old 10-29-2005, 02:06 PM
bigcmcdannel

I think I forgot to mention that they are going to fix my truck not replace it......So that sucks big time

Old 10-29-2005, 04:57 PM
grayhemi
Professional

It's a hard case to make without any kind of concrete proof. If I were you, I'd pose as a potential buyer and say something like "I'm not sure I want to spend that kind of money with someone who only has one positive transaction" and see what kind of things he says to try and reassure you. Also, I'd ask him where he gets his supply from. Of course, he's not going to say he's selling stolen property but at least it may give you some clues to go off of. I mean if he says something like "Oh, there is a supplier I work with in such and such an area." Well, if no such supplier exists in that area, then that is another hole in his story. Granted, this is a bit of a stretch, but maybe you'd get lucky and be able to find something out. If you do get any kind of proof, report it to eBay and they will ban him from doing business on their site. You have a bit of an uphill climb ahead of you, but good luck.

Quick Reply: Found my stolen truck in Detroit