3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New battery no start no shift indicator

Old 03-13-2016, 12:31 PM
RamCan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New battery no start no shift indicator

I just replaced the battery in my 05 Dodge Ram 5.7 which has been fine up to now, and only replaced due to cold weather cranking problems.

Went to start it and no cranking as there is no shift indicator box, so no park or neutral or anything indication although the shifter does move fine. The lights on the dash come on and go off as they should. The light to the left of the temperature gauge comes on, goes off for a second and then comes back on again.

The positive cable has two wires in the crimped terminal at the battery and does look a little corroded, but I don't know if that would cause this. There is power at the fuse panel and all lights in the dash. The other heavy positive wire runs to the starter if that has any bearing on the indicator not showing.

No engine codes available from toggling the key?

Ideas? Directions?

Old 03-13-2016, 12:55 PM
xjarhead69
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there some sort of alarm system that maybe did not like the battery change, maybe has to be reset?

Dave

Old 03-13-2016, 02:41 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,170 Likes on 2,923 Posts

You have a third gen ram, moving you to the correct section.

Welcome to DF!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New battery no start no shift indicator