3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Upgrades to Compliment Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 08:34 PM
GreenEH
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrades to Compliment Supercharger

Hi everyone,

I have a 2003 hemi that I have cammed with a comp 260. I have the ability to purchase a Novi 1000 meant for a 4.7L magnum for cheap. I plan on retrofitting this onto the hemi to step it up to the next level. Currently I have done:
-OBX longtubes
-True ram air intake routed to the deleted AC condenser position(would likely change)
-4.56 gears
-Efan in the works
-full 2005 PCM swap so I can tune for the cam and charger. Currently running a superchips 3865 but have a trinity for custom tuning

The plan for the supercharger is to merge the mounting plate from the 4.7L kit with the base plate meant for a Novi 1200 bolt up on the hemi. I will also be using a 4th gen diesel intercooler. I want to install a waste gate on the intake tube set for 6 psi so I can pulley the supercharger to make 6 psi at ~3500 rpm and maintain 6 psi up to redline.

The install should be pretty straight forward. I have a buddy that could tig weld the supercharger outlet to the correct position, and also attach the waste gate mounting flange to the intake tube. What I am uncertain on is:
-Injectors. Thinking of running SRT 4 injectors with 3.0bar map
-Upgraded fuel pump. No idea what I would need
-Wastegate sizing. Again no idea what size I would need. I know the supercharger is rated for 850 cfm at 15 psi max.
-Spark plugs to run

I would be getting it tuned at a local race shop but would like to arrive with parts installed that will make tuning possible for the goal I have in mind.

Does anyone have any input? Thanks all

Old 06-30-2016, 05:30 PM
JoshSlash87
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How much horsepower are you looking to get out of this engine?

Watch this video and pump yourself up ;-)

Old 07-01-2016, 07:17 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Too bad you did the '05 electronics.... I'm pretty sure the 2005 was the red headed step child for trans tuning. Meaning...you cannot alter the partial up/down shifts that makes these things driveable. After I had my 2008 trans tuned for a few years, going back to stock was a nightmare. Sluggish shifts..etc
My reccomendation is to do some sort of trans upgrade because you'll likely ruin stock one with all that power. Especially if it's a stock trans from 2003 with a bunch of miles.

Old 07-04-2016, 10:07 PM
GreenEH
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did the electrical swap so that I can tune for the cam, and now the supercharger. The 03 PCM with a superchips tune ran like crap with the cam...

I was told that the 05 pcms were trans tuneable. I know with my superchips I can modify all the shift tables. Perhaps with the trinity I can't? I guess I can always stack them so I get the trans tuning from the superchips and the Diablo for engine management.

I am hoping to break 500 crank horsepower with this setup. I am certain I will fry my trans but my buddy has been in contact with someone who will be offering a significant upgrade to the 545 tranny in the near future.

Gonna need some slicks for sure as it roasts through 275s with the 4.56 gears

Old 07-05-2016, 05:38 AM
JoshSlash87
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenEH
I did the electrical swap so that I can tune for the cam, and now the supercharger. The 03 PCM with a superchips tune ran like crap with the cam...

I was told that the 05 pcms were trans tuneable. I know with my superchips I can modify all the shift tables. Perhaps with the trinity I can't? I guess I can always stack them so I get the trans tuning from the superchips and the Diablo for engine management.

I am hoping to break 500 crank horsepower with this setup. I am certain I will fry my trans but my buddy has been in contact with someone who will be offering a significant upgrade to the 545 tranny in the near future.

Gonna need some slicks for sure as it roasts through 275s with the 4.56 gears
500 horsepower on any amount of boost is a walk in the park for a 5.7 Hemi, come on at least have goal of frying that trans at 6psi & 600 horsepower on a stock 5.7 bottom end lol.

Quick Reply: Upgrades to Compliment Supercharger