3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Issue with O2 - Datalog

Old 03-16-2017, 01:55 PM
johnfranky
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issue with O2 - Datalog

Hey guys, Ive been having an issue with my truck for a while. It seems to be like an O2 sensor problem. Ive tried to troubleshoot a few things by myself, but came to the decision of turning to the forums for some help and opinions.

I had intermitent O2 sensor codes for the past 2 years on my truck. Sometime i could have no codes for 2-3 months, then could get codes 2-3 times in a week. At some point, truck decided to run rough without any power, was definately an O2 sensor going bad...changed it and problem solved. Codes started to show up few weeks after, for the same sensor. Erased the code, and didnt came back for a while. (This said, even with faulty O2 sensor replacement, my original intermitent problem is still occuring). Checked 02 connectors/wires..all good. According to some posts, could of been an ECU problem...got it factory reflashed/updated and problem still persist. I switched O2 sensors of sides to determine if the one i replaced was faulty (codes would of been thrown on different bank). And suprise...it did throw a code on the other side. I then came to the conclusion that it was a faulty sensor. Shortly after, codes showed up for both sides. Now im just unsure of whats really going on. My problem might be somewhere else, causing O2 codes ?

So briefly, here are the codes i have been getting.
- P0132 O2 Circuit High Voltage (B1, S1) Multiple times (Before and after replacing faulty sensor)
- P0152 O2 Circuit High Voltage (B2, S1) After changing newly replaced O2 to passenger side
- P0151 O2 Circuit Low Voltage (B2, S1)
Recently, showed up 3 codes at once. – P0152, P0132, P0151
Two days later, shows up 2 codes. – P0152, P0132
Yesterday, received code P0151

Truck runs rough at some times. Very very hard on gas, always been since i bought the truck. 20$ for 66Kms @80km/h, normal driving...that makes it approx 9mpg.
So here it is, I have a Diablosport Trinity..i plan on doing a datalog and wondering if someone could have a look at it and see whats really going on inside. Ive never datalogged before but i do have a good idea of how to (using Live Streaming). So what gauge layout should I use and add so that it logs all information required for my diagnostic ? What would be the perfect scenario for this datalog type (Log on idle, while driving, normal driving, WOT, cold or warm) ? Currently tuned with Diablosport MPG canned tune. Should I revert it to stock before logging ?

Thank you all in advance

2005 Dodge RAM 1500 4x4 QC 5.7l Hemi

Old 03-16-2017, 04:32 PM
p38251
Record Breaker

hat brand sensors did you put in?

Old 03-17-2017, 11:02 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,168 Likes on 2,922 Posts

Need to know what the O2 sensors are doing, open or closed loop, and perhaps engine rpm, and tps.

There should be a selection of values for the O2 sensor, watching all of them wouldn't hurt. Graph would be best.....

Old 03-20-2017, 11:08 PM
johnfranky

I cant remember what brand it was, but for sure it aint Mopar's. Heard that NTK are OEMs, might give them a try. Meanwhile ive done a datalog with my trinity. Used the 05_06 dashboard and threw a few PIDS related to O2's. If anyone has a look at it, just let me know if i have to add or remove PIDS to gather all the information I need to help find a source of problem.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g9kgmtk8lb...stLog.log?dl=0

Old 03-23-2017, 03:22 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,168 Likes on 2,922 Posts

Um, that's not going to help anyone that doesn't have software to interpret it......

Search this Thread