3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2004 ram Cluster panel wiring help asap needed

Old 04-08-2017, 09:04 PM
dss56
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 ram Cluster panel wiring help asap needed

I need to find out what might be the power input to the cluster. The power from the fuse #51 from the fuse box under the hood.
I see there are 2 connectors on the back of the cluster.

What I need is if there is only 1 power feed from the fuse #51 or is there other power feeds to the cluster.

What connector and pin # for the power would help. Also the wire color would help on the connector.

Even a wiring schematic of this area would help.

#51 also powers the radio and under hood light if so equipped. My truck does not have one.

Old 04-09-2017, 11:52 AM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wish I could help, you REALLY need to get your hands on an FSM. The wiring on each year can and often is different. The FSM is available on cd, maybe someone that is willing to help can get a copy to you

Old 04-09-2017, 05:35 PM
dss56
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do have the service manual and the wiring. Seems on section 8W-10-30 power distribution page fuse #51 is listed and shows that from the battery to fuse and from fuse to s145 underhood lamp then to s204 data link, and , radio, instrument cluster.

radio is pin1 and pin 12 for power and at s204 it junctions to the cluster panel on connector 3 pin 26.

So I'm going to trace out to this wire and see if what I want to do will work.

Keep power to my radio but kill power to the cluster with a relay circuit that will get controlled by turning on truck and shutting truck off.

I will take some pictures and keep this post updated.

thanks

Search this Thread