3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Electrical problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 04:34 PM
Brnmlky
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical problems

Hello guys.
I have a issue with my 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 (5.9L).
So a few months ago I change out the heater core and the evaporator coil, now I’m have issues. The wipe, brake lights, horn, don’t work. And also the headlight are a issue to they work but only when the truck is running they will not turn with the light switch. I have change out the wire Harnest under the dash and still have the same problem. I check all the fuses and relays and they r all good.
I have been reading that it could be BCM (Body Control module). Is that possible?? What do I need to do if that’s the case? How do get it tested or can I get a new one that match the truck? Please help ??

Last edited by Brnmlky; 10-09-2017 at 04:43 PM.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:30 AM
Greg Mayrhofer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

brnmlky, I had similar problems on my 02 dodge ram 1500, turned out to be a lot of dust built up inside the pcm (relaybox). I split it and clean it out then all lights and horn worked ok, check an clean all connectors underneath the box as well. or you may have to change the pcm to solve the issue.