DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   3rd Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech-65/)
-   -   Multiple problems (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech/405482-multiple-problems.html)

Kimberly Collins 07-18-2017 07:55 PM

Multiple problems

Looking for multiple opinions here. For the past few years every summer I have to change my front bank o2 sensors. Only once I've changed my rear O2 sensors. I own a Dodge ram 1500 Quad cab 5.7 hemi and suddenly I'm having more problems than ever. I have 133,000 miles on it. On a hot day 6 weeks ago my tachometer dropped, CEL came on, check gauges light, lights flickering. Turned out to be crank shaft position sensor. Then cylinder 3 misfire. Replaced spark plugs cuz it was time anyway and had mechanic put new crank shaft position sensor. All well. 3 weeks later, another really hot day, code p0052. Replaced 2/1 o2 sensor. Code cleared until next day. Next day tachometer drops again, CEL on, and blinking. Mechanic said he thinks it's my PCM so he knew a guy and had one put in, got truck back, CEL came on, saying crank shaft position sensor. Had old computer put back in. Mechanic says to replace cam sensor. Given he's far away and I'm not a mechanic, I took it up the street to auto max. They have multiple codes. They said I have bad ECM, cranks shaft sensor, alternator, battery, and cylinder 1 misfire.

What the heck?!!!!any suggestions? Mechanic says to replace the cam sensor and go from there. I won't be having automax fix it cuz they are $100/hour. My pockets are not deep. Thanks Dodge forum!

p38251 07-18-2017 11:19 PM

Did they tell you what the codes are?

HeyYou 07-19-2017 09:39 AM

I would go to the nearest parts store, and have them read the codes for you.

Kimberly Collins 07-19-2017 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by p38251 (Post 3350579)
Did they tell you what the codes are?

P0339, p0300

Kimberly Collins 07-19-2017 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by HeyYou (Post 3350625)
I would go to the nearest parts store, and have them read the codes for you.

I'm going to put a cam sensor in, disconnect the battery, then go to les schwab and have them test my alternator and go from there. I will let you know how it goes cuz I might need ideas. Funny how the shop said just a few days ago that my truck "is running beautifully" and now there's all these issues.

p38251 07-19-2017 09:38 PM

P0300 is multiple miss fire. When was it's last tune up? PCV? Throttle body cleaning? Injector cleaning?

aliaj00@gmail.com 07-22-2017 06:02 PM

He has a wiring issue there. look the cables for shorts or dented ones most probably if the instruments are flickering you have a short somewhere. or check the grounding if it is not making good contact them is the same as a short. keep it simple check ground and cables. the wiring can be a b...ch.

regards,
Tim

Kimberly Collins 07-26-2017 08:48 PM

The codes

Ok the codes are p0300, 02302, p0335, p0339, p0052

I just replaced the cam sensor and the 02 sensor for bank 2 sensor 1. Crankshaft sensor was already replaced. Ran codes, cleared several times, no change. All the same codes. So it didn't work.

Had spark plugs all replaced 45 days ago so it's not that.

The words on the scanner said "'misfire" "egr valve" "fuel" "o2 sensor" "catalytic" "comp"

Ugh. Thoughts??

Maybe it's the ECM/PCM

HeyYou 07-26-2017 09:27 PM

0300 is multiple random misfire.
2302 P2302 Ignition Coil A Sec Circ (ignition coil A, secondary circuit, this would certainly give you misfires.)
P0335 Crank Pos Sens Circ
P0339 Crank Pos Sens Circ Interm
P0052 HO2S Heater Ctrl Circ Hi Bank2 Sens1

You have two codes there for the crank sensor. I would be curious what brand sensor the last guy put in there. If it is was just some cheapy from the local parts store, that may be most of the problem right there. Dodge trucks are notoriously picky about there sensors.......

I would also put the original cam sensor back in. None of the codes relate to it. (return the 'new' one??)

I would also be tempted to replace coil "A", whichever one that is....... (I don't have a clue, that motor is coil-near-plug, is it not??)

What year is your truck?

Kimberly Collins 07-27-2017 02:01 PM

The crank sensor would have been one from O'Reilly and the part was around $28.

I put a new cam sensor in because there was another thread through Direct Hit that said sometimes a cam sensor can throw a crankshaft code. So I tried it, and it obviously didnt work. Why would I have two crankshaft codes?

Yes the motor is CNP.

My truck is 2008 with 133k on it.