3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fog Lights Do Not Work

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 04:00 PM
trout
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog Lights Do Not Work

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500SLT 5.9 ltr eng came wired for fog lights, however, did not have fog light switch in the driver compartment only had headlight parking lite and overhead switch. I purchased a
headlight foglight switch and installed it. still no fog
lights, I checked the fuse and the relay, still no fog
lights. no power at the pigtail. I do not know where to go from here.

Old 10-20-2017, 07:24 AM
TrueDogman
Captain
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

You may have to visit a dealer to have your body control module updated to turn on fog lights. Or get into the wiring harness and make your own system to activate them.

Old 10-25-2017, 11:18 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TrueDogman
You may have to visit a dealer to have your body control module updated to turn on fog lights. Or get into the wiring harness and make your own system to activate them.
Doesn't work that way for PCI bus vehicles, that's for CAN bus. There is a break somewhere, you will need to trace it out. Just because there are connectors available up front doesn't mean that you can just plug in and go. You'll have to trace it out and figure out where the disconnect is. This should help: http://www.mediafire.com/file/xz8lnb...ice_Manual.pdf

Quick Reply: Fog Lights Do Not Work