3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Mega Cab AC sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 01:02 AM
Inspector62
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mega Cab AC sucks!

If you don't already know mega cab owners are complaining in droves about the lack of AC in their trucks. There is a new web site set up to deal with this.

I just recently found out that the mega cab AC system is the exact same as the smaller cabs. The AC is the same size, but the cab is about twice the size. It doesn't take a genius to figure out there would be a problem.

I think the problem is serious enough that we may need to get a class action lawsuit together on this. I have to run my AC on FULL BLAST constantly. It still takes 20 to 30 minutes to even get the cab comfortable. If you turn it down even slightly it gets hot again.

I have to keep it on recirculate constantly which gets the interior humidity down into the teens, which is causing nose bleeds. I don't normally get nose bleeds, but this truck gives them to me because of the dry air. Anyone else get nose bleeds?

Last edited by dirtydog; 08-31-2010 at 03:18 PM. Reason: link
Old 10-25-2006, 05:10 AM
sneaky
Veteran
Default RE: Mega Cab AC sucks!

A class action lawsuit because of a AC?? Dude, if you want my honest opinion it would be to get a life!

Old 10-25-2006, 05:15 AM
silverram99
Captain

I am with sneaky on this one, I doubt you will get a lawsuit. Unfortunately about all you can do is complain to your dealer and hope enough people do the same. If they do Dodge will likely right up a TSB on your AC.

Old 10-25-2006, 06:04 AM
htgriffith
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same problem also, The AC does not do the job. You are not alone, I live in south mississippi, It gets HOT[:@]

Old 10-25-2006, 12:21 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I assume when you are running your A/C you have the vents on recycle and not open?? It is a common mistake many people make. They leave their vent open and just hit the AC button.

Old 10-25-2006, 12:35 PM
Inspector62

ORIGINAL: sneaky

A class action lawsuit because of a AC?? Dude, if you want my honest opinion it would be to get a life!
I should get a life? I'm not the moron posting on threads that don't concern me, and you're not one of the many that paid $45K for a truck with no AC.

Seriously "dude", think before you type. If your truck had no real AC, you'd feel differently.

You have NO FRIGGIN IDEA HOW SERIOUS THIS PROBLEM IS "DUDE".

Old 10-25-2006, 12:38 PM
Inspector62

ORIGINAL: silverram99

I am with sneaky on this one, I doubt you will get a lawsuit. Unfortunately about all you can do is complain to your dealer and hope enough people do the same. If they do Dodge will likely right up a TSB on your AC.
Once again, if you don't have a mega cab with no AC, keep your opinion. If you had no AC and Dodge was not willing to do anything out it, you'd feel differently too.

If you don't have a mega cab with no AC, why would you even waste the time to post when you have NO friggin idea how serious this problem is.

Old 10-25-2006, 12:38 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the only thing I can say is if you want better A/C performance get an aux. fan and put it on the evaperator to help the engine fan in drawing air over the coils.

if you have the hemi in your MC the ac should be better than my Cummins. the engine fan has to pull air through the radiator, intercooler, a 4 inch space between the IC and rad, with the evaporator in front of all that. air flow over it is not that geat, yet she cools quite well.

Old 10-25-2006, 12:44 PM
Inspector62

ORIGINAL: 94rt10ohio

I assume when you are running your A/C you have the vents on recycle and not open?? It is a common mistake many people make. They leave their vent open and just hit the AC button.
Yes, I'm running it on recirculate. Most mega cab owners have the same complaint. I seriously doubt all of them don't know what the recirculate button is for.

The problem is very simple. The AC in the mega cab is the exact same as the AC in the smaller cabs. Twice the cab, but the same AC capacity.

Old 10-25-2006, 12:47 PM
Inspector62

Oops, double post.

Quick Reply: Mega Cab AC sucks!