3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Questions on lowering my 05 Ram

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 12:12 AM
Sithely
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions on lowering my 05 Ram

I just got an 05 Ram 1500 RCSB Hemi. First thing I'm wanting to do is lower it. I've looked on the forum and did a little research and was thinking about the Ground Control 2/4 kit. Couple of questions. Will this improve or make worse the "truckish" ride?? Also how much if any negative to my payload/towing capacity.

Thanks

Old 12-04-2005, 01:14 AM
Sithely
Default RE: Questions on lowering my 05 Ram

Well so far 21 people have looked but no one has any advice/answers??[sm=dontgetit.gif]

Old 12-04-2005, 11:09 AM
mirricleboy
Rookie

buy a decent set of shocks and you will be fine i lowerd mine a few weeks ago, ut new shocks on and i to be honest its a better wide, slightly harsher when you hit a pot hole but other then that all good.

The stock shocks are crap, if you lower it your self and take the shocks off you will see what i mean.

Old 12-04-2005, 02:40 PM
keven

I would go with the McGaughys 2/4 deluxe kit...It comes with spindles for the front and flip kit for he rear...The nice thing about spindles it will bring the front of your truck back into factory spec....Also if you decided to go lower in the future all you will have to do is put a spirng in...Also get a good pair of drop shocks, dont run your factory shocks with shock extention you will hate the ride....I have ran both the Belltech nitro drops and the Belltech Actives in the last year and I love the actives...

Old 12-04-2005, 02:43 PM
Daddywags
Record Breaker

Probably because most here hate to see people lower a perfectly good truck.

Old 12-04-2005, 11:20 PM
Big_K9

I used the belltech 2 4 with the gas shocks and my ride actually improved.

Old 12-05-2005, 02:34 AM
Sithely

ORIGINAL: Daddywags

Probably because most here hate to see people lower a perfectly good truck.
Well with mine being a 4x2 and not going to go offroad I don't see the problem. I'm not wanting to slam it, just lower it a lil and give it a nice sporty stance.

Old 12-05-2005, 03:04 AM
Sithely

ORIGINAL: keven

I would go with the McGaughys 2/4 deluxe kit...It comes with spindles for the front and flip kit for he rear...The nice thing about spindles it will bring the front of your truck back into factory spec....Also if you decided to go lower in the future all you will have to do is put a spirng in...Also get a good pair of drop shocks, dont run your factory shocks with shock extention you will hate the ride....I have ran both the Belltech nitro drops and the Belltech Actives in the last year and I love the actives...
How does the truck handle with that kit?? Any major loss in towing/payload

Thanks

Old 12-05-2005, 03:34 AM
keven

ORIGINAL: Sithely

Thanks
The truck rides better the stock....I also have air assit bags in the rear for helping with towing...I pull my camping trailer and my car trailer with no problems....Also I add a belltech rear sway bar...

Old 12-05-2005, 09:52 PM
Sithely

ORIGINAL: Sithely

Thanks
The truck rides better the stock....I also have air assit bags in the rear for helping with towing...I pull my camping trailer and my car trailer with no problems....Also I add a belltech rear sway bar...
Great that's what I'm looking for Thanks. What major differences in the Nitro drops and the actives did you notice??

Quick Reply: Questions on lowering my 05 Ram