3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Wipers stopping in any position

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 10:16 AM
Lpiers85
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wipers stopping in any position

I have a 2007 ram 1500.My wipers stop working on any setting.On Intermittent they pause like they should a few times, Then they start working as if it is on low or high and after a while they stop while going up or down and park in the middle of the windshield. Don't come back on till several minutes later. I have replaced the wiper motor along with the multifunction switch and the issue is still there. Have been told the number to fuse operates the wipers but it does not. I have taken that fuse out and the wipers still work. Also have taken every fuse out 1 by 1 and none of them cause the wipers to stop. Got a relay from a part store but I cannot find it and the Dodge dealer tells me it is Built-in to the integrated power module, Or as some people call it the fuse Box. Which I only have one fuse Box. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Old 04-04-2018, 08:24 PM
rtmtrrdr
All Star
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just fixed mine on my 05. Changed the wiper motor and fixed it. You need to watch out if you get a reman one from auto zone or oriellys. The first one I got from them was worse than my original. The second one fixed it and has been right since then.

Old 04-07-2018, 07:15 PM
Lpiers85

Before hooking the wiper linkage back onto the wiper motor,did you turn the motor on and let it cycle through all positions and then turn if off?Been told you should that way it makes sure the motor is parked in the right position so the arms set/stop in the right place once turned off.

Last edited by Lpiers85; 04-07-2018 at 07:20 PM.
Old 04-07-2018, 07:29 PM
Lpiers85

Before hooking the wiper linkage back onto the wiper motor,did you turn the motor on and let it cycle through all positions and then turn if off?Been told you should that way it makes sure the motor is parked in the right position so the arms set/stop in the right place once turned off.

Old 04-07-2018, 07:32 PM
rtmtrrdr
All Star
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes I did.

Old 04-07-2018, 07:38 PM
Lpiers85

Originally Posted by rtmtrrdr
Just fixed mine on my 05. Changed the wiper motor and fixed it. You need to watch out if you get a reman one from auto zone or oriellys. The first one I got from them was worse than my original. The second one fixed it and has been right since then.
Thanks

Quick Reply: Wipers stopping in any position