3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Static in Warning chime Speaker

Old 05-19-2018, 02:15 PM
theDogger
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Static in Warning chime Speaker

So as of late when I either turning on the headlights or switch on the fan for the ventsI get static through my warming chime speaker. At first thought that it was the stereo speakers. I have an aftermarket install no OEM stereo at all.

So powered off the head unit and turn the light on and I hear static. At first thought it was a tweeter going bad but it is the damn warning speaker that when the light or fan is turned on. It sounds like a ground issue. It similar to alternator whine but does not vary with acceleration..where is this DAMN little speaker located in a 2004 1500 extended cab 5.7l Laramie???

Anyone have a wiring diagram for this? I am assuming that the spear/chime is in the damn instrument cluster?

thanks

-B

Old 05-19-2018, 05:30 PM
Distrut
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You would be correct as the chime speaker is in the instrument panel. Stupid place for a chime speaker if you ask me!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Static in Warning chime Speaker