3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Heater control ground.

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 07:07 PM
Tiny Clark
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater control ground.

'04 2500 Cummins. heat works good, I can change the heat temp. It blows out the vents of course. I can get it to switch to floor and defrost by switching the flow control switch back and forth along with the temp control. It will finally start coming out the correct vents. I am wondering, since this thing has solid state drive DC motors, if there is a common ground for the motors. I did swap out the controller, but no help. I worked avionics for the USAF, so I know bad grounds can cause problems with stepped DC digital signals. Does anyone know if all the vent system motors to control the flaps use a common ground? And if so, where is it located?

Old 12-05-2018, 07:46 PM
Tiny Clark

Never mind, the ground for the motors comes from the controller. Does anyone know where the defrost flap motor is? I hate to take everything apart if i don't have to.

Old 12-05-2018, 08:41 PM
Tiny Clark

Nevermind, I just found all the info I need on this piece of crap heater box they put into the truck. I seriously doubt I will take it all apart to fix it. I can rig a removable duct to blow from the center vent onto the windshield when it needs it. The only good thing in the truck is the engine.

Old 12-06-2018, 05:59 AM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 306 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by Tiny Clark
Nevermind, I just found all the info I need on this piece of crap heater box they put into the truck. I seriously doubt I will take it all apart to fix it. I can rig a removable duct to blow from the center vent onto the windshield when it needs it. The only good thing in the truck is the engine.
Your truck is 14 years old, it's going to have problems.

Quick Reply: Heater control ground.