3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

04 Ram 1500, Looking for Rear Air Bag suggestions and thoughts.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 11:30 AM
Joe.G
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 04 Ram 1500, Looking for Rear Air Bag suggestions and thoughts.

Hi, I am looking for Suggestions and thoughts of using Rear Air Bags in this truck. Truck is stock ride height with New Bushings and new Blistein shocks. I am looking to keep the rear from squatting to much if I am hauling ATV's or Snowmobiles in the box or the trailer. I also tow a travel trailer from time to time and all fall withing in the weight and towing specs of the truck.I am not looking to break the bank just something that will help out a bit.On board Compressor recommended? Looking for a straight forward install.
Hi, I am looking for Suggestions and thoughts of using Rear Air Bags in this truck. Truck is stock ride height with New Bushings and new Blistein shocks. I am looking to keep the rear from squatting to much if I am hauling ATV's or Snowmobiles in the box or the trailer. I also tow a travel trailer from time to time and all fall withing in the weight and towing specs of the truck.I am not looking to break the bank just something that will help out a bit.On board Compressor recommended? Looking for a straight forward install.
Hi, I am looking for Suggestions and thoughts of using Rear Air Bags in this truck. Truck is stock ride height with New Bushings and new Blistein shocks. I am looking to keep the rear from squatting to much if I am hauling ATV's or Snowmobiles in the box or the trailer. I also tow a travel trailer from time to time and all fall withing in the weight and towing specs of the truck.

I am not looking to break the bank just something that will help out a bit.
On board Compressor recommended? Looking for a straight forward install.

Old 03-02-2019, 12:03 PM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

I have installed this kit on customer vehicles. pretty straight forward. Was approx. $1500 Canadian with compressor....probably way cheaper in the US. What ever kit you end up getting....make sure you can get replacement air bags cause none last forever...eventually...they all leak.

Old 03-02-2019, 01:45 PM
Joe.G
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On board air compressor recommended? Fire stone is a Good kit and no drill on the Dodge?

Old 03-02-2019, 02:56 PM
jrsick
All Star
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts

A friend of mine installed the Hellwig helper springs and really likes them. The Hellwigs did not change the unloaded ride at all.
Air bags are definitely cooler and fun to use though. Just giving you another option to think about.

Old 03-02-2019, 03:50 PM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

and helper springs don't leak!

things I like about air; helps firm things up...no bouncing around. with independent front suspension...change in ride height change the front toe settings...which can cause toe wear on the front tires. the adjustability of the air bags lets you set the ride height back to normal

-no drill...ubolts mount to the axle housing.
the compressor doubles the cost but you can adjust in the truck and have a pressure gauge. Without the compressor...you install the included schrader valves near the license plate and must have a reserve tank or fill from a compressor. you have the option of filling each air spring independently which allows different pressures side to side or tee them together so they are both always the same pressure. When the big girlfriend gets in...you can level her side out!!!

Old 03-05-2019, 04:44 AM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 306 Likes on 298 Posts

I used air ride with on board air. I can adjust them individually or together wirelessly from outside the truck to

Quick Reply: 04 Ram 1500, Looking for Rear Air Bag suggestions and thoughts.