3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

new member needing extreme help. CV axle too short

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 05:19 PM
rebeltaz83
Veteran
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Most aftermarket parts don't fit like the oem stuff does. Body panels especially body panels, lol. Buy a cheap panel you'll be hogging holes, and the body lines won't look right compared to a good quality aftermarket, or oem. Every manufacture is different. Check tires for example two different brands of the same size will be different size.

Old 07-14-2019, 11:33 PM
getch357
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

o.k so for all that may ever run into this type of a problem here's what was done to fix this truck.as far as the c.v. axles they were a stock part!! but the idiot that put the original lift kit screwed everything up soooo bad that the best way to fix this was to take the lift blocks off...there was 4" lift blocks put on and after taking them and the old struts and shocks off the truck was basically back to stock so I put all new struts and shocks onto it and it solved the c.v. axles and lift problems everything went back to where it should of been and one thing I will say is you have to be careful to make sure you get the right generation of ram parts as some of the "stock" axles were only 23 1/8th and my truck needed 25 1/16th I believe it was so ensure u get the right ones and also get a damn good mechanic!!! after the truck was fixed by 1 mechanic I had (all along been having a cyclic noise almost like I was dragging a chain and asked 2 different mechanics to figure out what it was and they could not find it)...I went for a sticker (inspection) and the mechanic that inspected it found it in 3 mins it appears that some drivers out here when they go mudding and get caught up in stuff then decide to just cut off the emergency braking system (cause its caught up in weeds and stuff) and instead of fixing it just leave the vehicle without it and the noise was what was left of the pieces of emergency brake in the rear axles. this then cost me another 650 at this mechanic but the good news...…...SHE IS RUNNING WELL AND ALL FIXED FINALLY …..3GRAND LATER.....BUYER BEWARE AT USED CAR LOTS!!!

The following users liked this post:
rebeltaz83 (07-15-2019)

Quick Reply: new member needing extreme help. CV axle too short