3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

hemi vs. titan

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 09:07 AM
tamuccmike
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hemi vs. titan

i was wondering if anyone with an 05 reg. cab hemi has actually raced a new titan? i have mods on mine but i have a hard time believing that a titan could even stand a chance against a hemi...what do y'all think?

Old 12-22-2005, 10:14 AM
stump_breaker
Captain
Default RE: hemi vs. titan

Ask on this forum and the Dodge is best. Ask on a Titan board and the Nissan rules. I think there may be some bias........

Old 12-22-2005, 10:25 AM
Daddywags
Record Breaker

Well I raced a friends Titan on a vacant airport runway and took him 2 out of 3. It would have been 3 out of 3, but my foot slipped off the accelerator. I had my programmer off in all races.

Old 12-22-2005, 03:40 PM
YeahItsAHemi345
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Daddywags

Well I raced a friends Titan on a vacant airport runway and took him 2 out of 3. It would have been 3 out of 3, but my foot slipped off the accelerator. I had my programmer off in all races.
Yeah but the Altezza tail lights and Billet gas door add 20hp... j/k My neighbor has a '04 Titan...he's old...like 30 years old...j/k He only lets the wife drive it...I really want to race him though! I think I'll smoke him [8D]

Old 12-22-2005, 04:55 PM
Daddywags
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: YeahItsAHemi345

ORIGINAL: Daddywags

Yeah but the Altezza tail lights and Billet gas door add 20hp... j/k My neighbor has a '04 Titan...he's old...like 30 years old...j/k He only lets the wife drive it...I really want to race him though! I think I'll smoke him [8D]
Actually it is more like 25 hp, so get it right next time

Old 12-23-2005, 02:26 AM
Dantheniceguy

The Titain makes good power in the lower gears and lower RMP ranges but with the TM turned off (like with a programmer) the Hemi will walk away early. If not, then It will take untill the upper RPMs of 2nd to pull away. Either way the Hemi Ram is a bit quicker. You guys need to moved on though and mod it up! I'm into the relm of looking for Vettes and Porsches BawwAHahahahahaha!!!

Old 12-23-2005, 02:30 AM
feelin satisfied

Dusted a 2004 Titan about 2 weeks ago. Not even close

Old 12-23-2005, 02:38 AM
WingViper
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I could never find one to race but I posted times on dragtimes.com and my times (with CAI only) were faster than most of the Titan times posted. The only one who had beat me was modified. Since then though I think I've been taken, haha.

Old 12-23-2005, 02:55 AM
05ramlaramie
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Dantheniceguy

The Titain makes good power in the lower gears and lower RMP ranges but with the TM turned off (like with a programmer) the Hemi will walk away early. If not, then It will take untill the upper RPMs of 2nd to pull away. Either way the Hemi Ram is a bit quicker. You guys need to moved on though and mod it up! I'm into the relm of looking for Vettes and Porsches BawwAHahahahahaha!!!

no programmer yet is able to turn off the torque management for the Hemi Rams.

Doesnt matter though, last time i checked the hemi has a better torque curve than the Titan anyhow + 40 additional hp.

Reg cab vs. reg cab or quad vs. quad...the hemi should have EVERY other truck on the road beat stock vs. stock.

and i doubt the nissan powerplant is anywhere near as upgradeable as the hemi motor. (maybe the titan could benefit from some jap stickers though)

Old 12-23-2005, 03:38 AM
Dantheniceguy

ORIGINAL: 05ramlaramie

ORIGINAL: Dantheniceguy

no programmer yet is able to turn off the torque management for the Hemi Rams.

Doesnt matter though, last time i checked the hemi has a better torque curve than the Titan anyhow + 40 additional hp.

Reg cab vs. reg cab or quad vs. quad...the hemi should have EVERY other truck on the road beat stock vs. stock.

and i doubt the nissan powerplant is anywhere near as upgradeable as the hemi motor. (maybe the titan could benefit from some jap stickers though)

Oh well I ment like on my 03 I pulled the TCM wire. So I have almost no TM at all.

Quick Reply: hemi vs. titan