DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   3rd Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech-65/)
-   -   bed liner on rocker panels? (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech/44551-bed-liner-on-rocker-panels.html)

savage25xtreme 01-05-2006 11:36 PM

bed liner on rocker panels?

hey guys im thinkin about getting black rhino liner in my bed (over the rail) and on my rocker panels, but I have a solar yellow 05 1500 with the sport appearance package and both bumpers are the same yellow, anyone have any pics of a sport package with the rockers done up? did you do the bumpers? I know I dont want to do the front bumper but not sure about the back one. any pics would be nice. here is my girl

[IMG]local://upfiles/26689/BE0C2DA5DA5147D892C8E03DDF05572A.jpg[/IMG]

savage25xtreme 01-05-2006 11:37 PM

RE: bed liner on rocker panels?

another thought, should I maybe have them tape off the yellow door trim so it doesnt get lined?

savage25xtreme 01-06-2006 03:10 PM

bump....anyone?

HedleyLamarr 01-06-2006 03:40 PM

I've only seen one person do that...some guy I knew when I lived in St. Augustine last year....I thought it was a great idea

unfortunately I have no pics, and it wasn't a Dodge anyway and it had Chrome bumpers if I remember correctly, but I think it would be great for a low maintenence finish

Drew 01-06-2006 05:26 PM

I have mine sprayed. now if you want line-x will color match, however it will not be exact, but it will be yellow.

if you want to see what mine looks like check out my gallery

RcBandit28 01-06-2006 05:31 PM

No No No No No! I think you'll regreat it! Just throw some mud flaps on the 'ol girl and call it good!

savage25xtreme 01-06-2006 06:03 PM

you dont think mud flaps will get bashed all to hell of stuff?

thats what im worried about, I want to be able to go over rough terrain and not have to work about sticks and grass and pebbles flying up on my rocker panels

do you regret doing yours drew? I knows yours looks good but yours in grey on black, just not sure about the yellow and black.

Drew 01-06-2006 07:09 PM

sticks, grass, and pebbles at a low velocity wont hurt a thing and as Eric said the mudflaps might be the best option since your truck is a big yellow banana.

I like mine, and it gives it a sweeet two tone effect, however the color difference between the black and yellow will be too much, thats why I mentioned they can color match. it is a bit more, and it WILL fade over time quicker than your paint.

Gone Fishin 01-07-2006 12:54 PM

Here is one other possible option, another outfit that goes by Ameriguard does liners too, hardness similar to Line-X. They can color match near perfect. I'm going to get mine done later this year. The color can be added gradually. I have seen a color match job done on a red Dakota and if you didn't see the texture difference, the color is dead on.