3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

P0132 P0152 and P0038 2008 Dodge Ram 1500

Old 09-02-2023, 02:05 PM
bbaehler
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 P0132 P0152 and P0038 codes

Hey guys! I’m new to this forum but I figured I’d bring up an issue I’ve been having with my truck for a while now. It’s a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 with the 4.7 and flex fuel model. I keep getting regular intermittent p0132, p0152, and p0038 codes. So far I have replaced all four o2 sensors with brand new oem Dodge sensors from the dealership, new IAT sensor, new coils and all 16 plugs, new fuel pump, new charcoal canister, new purge solenoid, new map sensor, cleaned and oiled k&n cold air intake, and cleaned and tested all injectors and put new o rings on them. I’m sure the p0038 code is electrical but the others are not. I have a scanner than can read o2 sensor data stream and they just take a long time to come down in voltage. Never once have they been open or just 5V. Sometimes it will run kind of rough on first startup and it sometimes will kick a code and sometimes won’t. It will only run rough on first startup and then clear up within 10-15 seconds. Then I can clear the codes and it will run just fine no issues. It will do this whether the engine is cold or warmed up. And it won’t do it all the time. Just every now and then. I’m kind of stumped as of where to go from here. I never did replace the spark plug wires so I don’t know if that could be part of the issue or not. I’m also debating on whether the ect sensor could also be the cause. But I just recently tested it and it tested ok. Of course that was also when it decided to run decent. Maybe something to do with the egr valve? Any thoughts or ideas? Anything would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by bbaehler; 09-02-2023 at 02:35 PM.
Old 09-03-2023, 10:22 AM
sjwoody
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That IS an odd scenario! My setup is a little different, but I would start with checking the condition and security of the 3 connectors on the PCM on the firewall behind the air filter box. Make sure there is no corrosion on the pins and that the connectors are secure. With all your fault codes relating to powers and grounds to pretty much all your O2 sensors, I would start with all your ground points, wherever they might be. The grounds for the sensors return to the PCM (I think pin 4 of the C1 connector - at least on my 2002 4.7L), but the PCM itself will have a ground point somewhere, as well as all your engine and body grounding straps. These suggestions are just starting points - good luck!

Old 09-09-2023, 04:51 AM
madhu
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bbaehler
Hey guys! I’m new to this forum but I figured I’d bring up an issue I’ve been having with my truck for a while now. It’s a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 with the 4.7 and flex fuel model. I keep getting regular intermittent p0132, p0152, and p0038 codes. So far I have replaced all four o2 sensors with brand new oem Dodge sensors from the dealership, new IAT sensor, new coils and all 16 plugs, new fuel pump, new charcoal canister, new purge solenoid, new map sensor, cleaned and oiled k&n cold air intake, and cleaned and tested all injectors and put new o rings on them. I’m sure the p0038 code is electrical but the others are not. I have a scanner than can read o2 sensor data stream and they just take a long time to come down in voltage. Never once have they been open or just 5V. Sometimes it will run kind of rough on first startup and it sometimes will kick a code and sometimes won’t. It will only run rough on first startup and then clear up within 10-15 seconds. Then I can clear the codes and it will run just fine no issues. It will do this whether the engine is cold or warmed up. And it won’t do it all the time. Just every now and then. I’m kind of stumped as of where to go from here. I never did replace the spark plug wires so I don’t know if that could be part of the issue or not. I’m also debating on whether the ect sensor could also be the cause. But I just recently tested it and it tested ok. Of course that was also when it decided to run decent. Maybe something to do with the egr valve? Any thoughts or ideas? Anything would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

I didn't know where is bank 1 and where is bank 2, it was very informative for me. Very professional shop, they do so complicated projects, probably nice place to go for something a DIY mechanic can't do.

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1

Last edited by madhu; 09-09-2023 at 02:21 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: P0132 P0152 and P0038 2008 Dodge Ram 1500