3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

PowerSlot Rotors / Hawk HPS pads

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 01:21 AM
05ramlaramie
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PowerSlot Rotors / Hawk HPS pads

Well...I "think" that my rotors are beginning to warp now at around 20k miles on my 05 Ram 1500.

I really dont feel like letting the dealer touch my truck and not fix it or tell me I have to pay for it so I am buying new ones.

I just ordered the Powerslot front rotor set and a front pair of Hawk HPS pads.

I am hoping I will receive them by mid next week and put them in next weekend.....hopefully my truck will be MUCH better with these installed and no more warping!....(should look nice too!)

BTW...I ordered them from Mrtruck.net for 73 for the pads and 190 for the front pair of rotors.

Old 02-15-2006, 03:17 AM
SLCHemi
Professional
Default RE: PowerSlot Rotors / Hawk HPS pads

My previous ride (2K Dakota) had the wonderfull front rotor warping issue (had to be turned by dealer 3X by 20K miles). After the third time I got sick of the hassle and bought some powerslots. When I got rid of her in favor of the '05 Hemi Ram at about 40K miles hadn't had a single issue with the brakes since the powerslots. I'm guessing you'll be happy with yours, and yes they do look sharp !

Old 02-15-2006, 05:28 AM
silvernightmare
Veteran

If you can get some pics when it is done. Thanks.

Old 02-15-2006, 05:46 PM
ctl112

Was there a shipping charge from mrtruck.net for those rotors and pads? Thanks

Old 02-15-2006, 05:57 PM
pontiaco

U WON'T LIKE THE HAWKS PADS. THEY MAKE SQUEAKING NOISES WHEN BRAKING AT LOW SPEEDS. MY HEMI STOPS BETTER NOW BUT THE SQUEAKING GETTING TOO MUCH. AND YES I GOT BRAND NEW ROTORS AND YES THEY WERE CUT BEFORE INSTALLATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-15-2006, 08:18 PM
WingViper
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anybody tried Baer rotors and calipers?

Old 02-16-2006, 12:14 AM
05ramlaramie
Veteran

ORIGINAL: pontiaco

U WON'T LIKE THE HAWKS PADS. THEY MAKE SQUEAKING NOISES WHEN BRAKING AT LOW SPEEDS. MY HEMI STOPS BETTER NOW BUT THE SQUEAKING GETTING TOO MUCH. AND YES I GOT BRAND NEW ROTORS AND YES THEY WERE CUT BEFORE INSTALLATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont mind light squealing...apparently the HPS are supposedly the "quietest" of the HAWK lineup anyhow....and since 9/10 people say they worked awesome...I figured it was a safe bet.....(better than stock is all i care about)

Old 02-16-2006, 12:48 AM
mazz
Veteran

ORIGINAL: pontiaco

Perhaps you did not burnish the pads properly. Either that or the anti-squeal spring may be weak or improperly installed. Since you had the rotors cut, the assumption would be they are not slotted rotors. Also, the Hawk HPS pads on my Ram don't squeal at all, while the Hawk Super Duty Pads are known for squealing.

Old 02-16-2006, 12:58 AM
mazz
Veteran

ORIGINAL: 05ramlaramie

I just ordered the Powerslot front rotor set and a front pair of Hawk HPS pads.

BTW...I ordered them from Mrtruck.net for 73 for the pads and 190 for the front pair of rotors.
http://www.performancepeddlar.com has the rotors for a little under $180 a pair and the pads for a penney or two over $55, using DTWORLD as the login code. Includes shipping. Make a note for the next time. Make sure you burnish the rotors properly after installation. Directions are on the box the pads come in. This is VERY IMPORTANT!

Old 02-16-2006, 03:25 AM
prerunner
Captain

I have the same setup...Power Slot Rotors all around and hawk pads in the front. The squealing is very noticable. However, you stop much better...AND.....a few clicks of the stereo and the squealing goes away
I got mine from www.performanceproducts.com

Quick Reply: PowerSlot Rotors / Hawk HPS pads