3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Least Favorite Mods/Accessories

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 03:08 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Least Favorite Mods/Accessories

Personally i hate the rims that are so big the tires are like and inch thick.... what is the point of that itsa truck!!! lowered 4x4's why would you do that...... Little trucks trying to be the big boy......And when a truck is jacked up and ready to go but the owner is not going to mud it!!! thats just me but as much as I hate those things its your truck do what you want......

Old 04-11-2007, 03:15 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: Phatboy

I just like to rant.

Do you have any pics of your lift?

I would like to do the same to my 05 however until we get a motor home and get rid of the travel trailer, I am grounded. Though I am thinking of some 285s, maybe a body lift(wont raise the hitch). Does anyone make a 1" body lift? Like they do for the Jeep Wranglers? Just enough to get it clear of 33s. Hmmmm. I have some research to do....
Why dont you just get a leveling kit and if you have to then lift it and then get a drop hitch.....?

Old 04-12-2007, 03:40 AM
05_ram_1500

To all complaining about lowering a truck. Have you ever thought that alot of us out here race our truck and not go muddingor just enjoystomping imports on the street that think there fast with a truck! There's no better feeling for me than some lil import that thinks there fast and under estimates my "Big QC" for a slug! The best thing for us with speed in mind would to be to lowerour trucks alil and go with lower profilestreet tires or maybe even drag radials.Bottom line everyone taste is different even though i must agree some mods are just ridiculous just my $0.02

Old 04-12-2007, 03:45 AM
DeWalt378G
Record Breaker

OMG this is the best thread I've read in a long time. I feel inspired relieved and had a good laugh all at the same time. I agree with a lot of the posts here. My philosophy is to keep it simple. Function before form and if it just happens to look cool (or you made it look cool and not over the top) then all the better.

Old 04-12-2007, 03:49 AM
mdram43
Record Breaker

lowered rams.. i always loved how high rams sat up so i finally got one. my dads silverado sits low like a car, but my ram sits up nice and high. but noo people go and lower them like a 16 year old in an s-10.

Old 04-12-2007, 03:53 AM
HighDuke1911
Champion

i like the look of a lifted ram, preferably 3-5 in. i have a friend in a Swit Car Club... very, very popular and he has a red ram sitting on 24's with airbags so he brings it up and down. its a badass lookin truck. the only thing i dislike is his subs. they are too custom for me. otherwise, it looks stock other than the tires/airbags, super clean looking paint job, and the woofers. oh he also has the rear bumper shaved off... UGLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-12-2007, 03:54 AM
mdram43
Record Breaker

o yea.. and people who buy trucks just so they can say they have a truck. trucks are for work or for puttin dead animals in the back (for those that hunt). other than that.. buy a sedan.

and 4x4s that never see mud! i cant stand that!

Old 04-12-2007, 01:45 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

ORIGINAL: Chet Ubetcha

ORIGINAL: arrowman

I think the worst "mod" is this debadging crap...
To me, it makes the truck look naked... like it was in a hail storm or an accident and just rolled out of Earl Scheib's paint shop...
I absolutely agree. Nothing says "Fleet Vehicle" like a naked truck. I've seen very few debadged vehicles that appealed to me.

Yeah, the lowered on slicks look is crap in my opinion as well....
As is having your grille painted to match body color... It needs to be chrome.
Tinting the front windows in PA is actually illegal, but rarely enforced.. I actually like that look, but since by profession, I have to set a good example, I can't justify doing it to my rig.
You own a Harley, don't you? [:-] I guess I'm wierd. I think I'm the only person that would actually prefer the plain black honeycomb grille over the chrome bars that came on my '05. I'm not big on chrome. I guess it looks alright, but I would have rathered the black honeycomb. I don't dig the color-keyed grills, though, either.

I'm originally from NEPA, and I think the two biggest vehicular no-no's when I was growing up were tires that stuck outside the fenders without flares, and tinted windows. You couldn't drive 100 feet without getting stopped! It would be nice to know that they don't enforce it that heavily anymore...not that I have any intentions of moving back there.

For my addition... my least favorite mod is the chrome door handles/tailgate handle covers. Just not my thing.
I think debadging is a great thing. When you pull the hemi badge off, some idiot thinks that you have nothing under the hood then tries tot ake off on you. Feels good to leave them wondering. Plus I think it just looks clean.

Old 04-12-2007, 03:20 PM
k9medic

i can't stand the stickers that say "If you can't Dodge it, Ram it." Boy, that is an original thought...

Old 04-12-2007, 04:44 PM
Dodgeramman
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: HighDuke1911

any stickering that is super huge (more than half of the window) is ugly!

mudflaps are ugly unless you have a lift.
Well then you shouldn't get behind me then..

Not everyone lives in a warm area. Mudflaps are not a mod but are needed in northern states. Ever see what road salt does to the rear of a truck when it sits up under there? That 10 year rust warranty aint **** for northern trucks.

Quick Reply: Least Favorite Mods/Accessories