DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   3rd Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech-65/)
-   -   4.7 Speed (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech/64162-4-7-speed.html)

mgsouthwest2001 07-02-2006 05:54 PM

4.7 Speed

Hi everyone. I was just sitting here reading some older posts and came across a thread in which several guys with the hemi were talking about how fast they had got it up to. It seems that the consensus is that the cut off for the hemi is 105. I was just wondering, those of you who have the 4.7 as I do, how fast have you gotten it up to? What is the cut off for it? I havent really laid into mine or tried to max it out and I have had it a year.

HedleyLamarr 07-02-2006 05:57 PM

RE: 4.7 Speed

105 for me...

AIR RAM 07-02-2006 08:57 PM

Well My speedo ends at 120MPH but I recently had mine just over 5,200 RPM's in OVERDRIVE with 32" tall tires and a rear gear ratio of 4.56's....

By doing the math that adds up to:

Transmission Gear x rear gear = overall gear ratio

.75 x 4.56 = 3.42

SPEED X OVERALL GEAR RATIO X 336 / tire hight = RPM

145 x 3.42 x 36 / 32" = 5,206RPMs

So acording to the math, I was going approximately 145MPH in my 2002 4.7L Quad Cab....

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Yellow Runner 07-03-2006 01:03 AM

unless u have a chip for it it would ahve shut off at 115 the Rams all the way up to 2003 shut off at 115 from the ones i drove 2004 my 4.7 shuts off at 105 my durango was a 99 model with the 360 and it shut off at 115 too so i dont think you was doing 145 lol sorry.

BgBluRam 07-03-2006 01:53 AM

You obviously have not been introduced to AIRRAM have you?? He has just about every mod under the sun done to his truck. Its capable.

AIR RAM 07-03-2006 03:59 AM

ORIGINAL: Yellow Runner

unless u have a chip for it it would ahve shut off at 115 the Rams all the way up to 2003 shut off at 115 from the ones i drove 2004 my 4.7 shuts off at 105 my durango was a 99 model with the 360 and it shut off at 115 too so i dont think you was doing 145 lol sorry.
When Mine was stock it shut off at 110MPH... But that was a long time ago! Sooo Don’t be sorry... LOL

Like mentioned above... I have more mods than the average 4.7L owner... If you read my signature it will give away my secrets. And it will take more than a CHIP to move your TOP speed up... and also please keep in mind HIGH SPEED can kill... I do not recommend you do this on STOCK tires nor on a road with ANYONE who you could hurt or kill should you lose control... I do NOT drive that fast on a daily basis... although I do speed every now and then...LOL.. My tires are rated for those speeds... not saying that means I should drive that fast because the tires are made for it... only that the tires will hold up at that speed and are unlikely to be the cause of an accident limiting one of the many variables...

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Yellow Runner 07-03-2006 10:24 AM

Yeah i understand that when i say "chip" i jsut mean something done to your computer so it wouldnt shut off i wasnt trying to make trouble or be a smartass by saying that either lol, but i would like to know what you did to get that done as i have a 2004 Ram 4.7 and you can hardly find any chips and when u do there not really worth getting done, so how much power do u have under the hood of that 4.7l?

HedleyLamarr 07-03-2006 01:17 PM

ORIGINAL: BgBluRam

You obviously have not been introduced to AIRRAM have you??
or been introduced to punctuation either...

HankL 07-03-2006 03:39 PM

Ask AirRam to explain how the Volumetric Efficiency table (VE Table)
is used to modify fuel injector duty cycle in Speed Density systems.

After all....he is an self taught expert in air flow.

So "gifted" in fact,
that he does not even own a single instrument to measure air flow.

The General Dynamics employees in Ft Worth (who designed the F16's aerodynamics)
would be utterly speechless if they read AirSham's posts...
....but eventually they would get their breath back as the laughing died down.

AIR RAM 07-03-2006 03:54 PM

ORIGINAL: HankL

Ask AirRam to explain how the Volumetric Efficiency table (VE Table)
is used to modify fuel injector duty cycle in Speed Density systems.

After all....he is an self taught expert in air flow.

So "gifted" in fact,
that he does not even own a single instrument to measure air flow.

The General Dynamics employees in Ft Worth (who designed the F16's aerodynamics)
would be utterly speechless if they read AirSham's posts...
....but eventually they would get their breath back as the laughing died down.

Hey hank... other than that being a PERSONAL attack on me ONCE AGAIN ..... It had NOTHING to do with the subject other than taking a swing at me...

Lets hear it HANK...back on the subject.... how fast have you gone in your 2002 -UP 4.7L Ram? Ok how fast have you been in your 2003-up 5.7L Ram... Alright.... I see this isnt fair for you Hank .... How fast have you been in your 2002 5.9L .... OMG hank you mean you dont have a 3rd Gen Ram? So what EXACTLY do you have to offer us as far as your EXTENSIVE experience goes... and please use your own words and no "CUT & PAST" Answers.... how much do you guys want to bet HANK does not answer this...

Im sure you will find some way to turn it back around to take another swing... dont you EVER get tired of your own BS hank? LOL

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM