3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need Electrical Help.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2018, 12:45 PM
karlmich
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Electrical Help.

Good afternoon Peeps!!
So there has been some talk on this forum about electrical issues dealing with the Lose of power to radio, Interior lights, keyless remote, door locks, and power in general to the truck when the key is off.

Anyway, this is what i have deduced in my situation.The A114 circuit off of the IOD fuse 51 is not at 12 volts. i checked the voltage on connector C3 pin 26(Instrument panel cluster Hot all time pin) and i have 12 volts when it is disconnected. also have power on radio terminal that is 12 volts. But when i plug in the C3 connector it drops to 2.0 volts as does the Pin 16 on the ODB2 power pin 16. Something is pulling down this voltage The instrument panel is NOT the issue since I bought a used one and it did the same thing. there is something on the C3 plug in causing this issue. My question is how can i determine which (sense) circuit is the one causing the issue. I wonder if anyone else has had this issue and what they found to be the actual problem. How can i ring out the C3 gray plug top determine the issue.

Thank you,

Old 02-24-2018, 06:09 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Replace the fuse for that circuit, if you haven't already, and re-test.

Quick Reply: Need Electrical Help.