3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Searching for Exhaust shop in IL. Please HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 05:12 AM
TheBlueBlur
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Searching for Exhaust shop in IL. Please HELP!

Hey all, so heres the story...
i bought my "to me from me" birthday gift - an AT3030 and two 18" long 4" round slash cut chrome tips.
the setup i want is simple - in essence that is -
a Y pipe comming off the at3030, after the 12" of straight pipe of corse, and the two HUGE tips running in a dual out rear setup.

i cannot find a muffler shop near me (Plainfield, IL - south suburbs of Chicago) that has the capabilities to mandrel bend 3" pipe. [:@]

i have spoken to my friend at Midas, as well as Meineke, and a few others. i have a list of calls to make on monday being Fair Muffler, Merlins, CarX and local auto repair shop near me 59 auto.

anybody in my neck of the woods know of a reputable shop with the ability to mandrel bend the needed 3" pipe? i have no beef going for a ride down state or up to WI if needed.

Any and all help is most appreciated!!

Old 08-21-2006, 01:07 AM
mazz
Veteran
Default RE: Searching for Exhaust shop in IL. Please HELP!

Lots of luck. Most shops cannot afford the tooling nor the machine to do mandrel bends. There may be a shop in Rockford, if they are still in business. I came across their Web site a few years ago, but never bookmarked it. You might want to do a google using Rockford and Exhaust in your search.

Old 08-24-2006, 01:45 AM
TheBlueBlur
Rookie
Default RE: Searching for Exhaust shop in IL. Please HELP!

well i found a place with a 3" bender, and they want 500$ to bend the small amount of pipe needed. so i have decided to give up on my dual exhaust and just have one pipe going straight out the back. i am awaiting some 3" pipe from jegs and them im off to midas.

Thanks for the suggestion mazz. i appreciate it.

Quick Reply: Searching for Exhaust shop in IL. Please HELP!