3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2006 RAM HEMI windshield wiper trouble

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 10:26 AM
Beanie24
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 RAM HEMI windshield wiper trouble

Since 2009 I have had a problem with my truck's windshield wipers. They seem to want to do whatever they want. I turn them on and nothing happens. I turn them on high and they are intermittant. I turn them off and they continue to run at whatever speed they want too
I have been to the dealer twice with the problem. The first time, the mechanic could not duplicate the problem and sent me on my way
Last week I got the truck inspected at the same dealership and thank God the Advisor witnessed the wipers going crazy however, when the mechanic tested it out he did not see it happen so they sent me on my way again I shouldn't give the name of the dealer so, don't tell anyone (Chapman Chrysler-Jeep in Horsham, Pa)
Now I called the Chrysler problem solvers in Detroit. I explained the problem to the first problem solver. He in turn kicked me upstairs to the super problem solver. He calls me at a time I am at work and says he will try to call me back tomorrow and I get the same message, just like the cable people. WTF Do they think we will stand around waiting for the call.
You call them and get an answering machine.
I tell you Ford is starting to look good about now.

Old 07-19-2011, 04:06 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome to DF. First, before anything else, please read this.

I will move this to the 3rd Generation Ram section (2002-2008 Dodge Rams) for you.

The dealerships/vehicle manufacturers are all the same as far as customer service goes. You won't get any better or worse from Ford, GMC, or any other vehicle maker, unfortunately.

Unfortunately, they work normal hours like we do. They have a family and loved ones just like we do, they have to get home to them. To fix this issue, you'll have to search the forums here (or wait for responses from others) or take some time off from work during the time period he is supposed to call.

A car is a car, they are mass produced and most will always have at least an issue or two.

Old 07-19-2011, 05:08 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fuse box under the hood, there are two relays that the computer uses to activate and sense the wipers, you have to look at the map on the cover to find them.

$20 each at Autozone or similar. When you go in, take the relay with you so they can cross reference it, its been used by Chrysler for years under various part numbers

Quick Reply: 2006 RAM HEMI windshield wiper trouble