3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I BEAT HIM!!!! Stupid Fords

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 05:44 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I BEAT HIM!!!! Stupid Fords

Ha ha I really didnt expect to beat this guy to be honest. I was driving back to my house and came across a quad cab f250 with the power stroke diesel stopped at a red light and the guy gave me a little nod and reved a few times so I figured what the hell I haven't raced one of these yet so I gave it a shot. The first run (about a half mile from light to light straight shot) I was able to jump off the line first and I dont think he really expected it but in any case I made it to the next light about 4 cars a head of him. The second run (about a mile from stop light to stop light straight shot) I again jumped off the line before him and about half way down the stretch he was about mid truck on me and going around 70ish when what appeared to be an unmarked police car (all white black windows, black wing vent light, lots of antennas sticking out of the trunk) pulled out from behind a church up the road so naturally I hit my brakes and slow down to the speed limit just in case and the f250 kept going so I guess he technically won that one cause I slowed way down. So we're tied one to one sitting at the light and he's sitting there pointing and laughing with his friend so of course Im now irritated so I rev up my truck and they both stop laughing and we go for a final run which was only about a quarter mile +/- but the road was more of an "S" shape though the majority of the quarter mile. Now I know this road I drive it everyday the curves are not that sharp but just sharp enough to give you a great feeling of how well a vehicle can handle while turning at a fairly high speed. So anyways the light turns green, I floor it he floors it we're about bumper to bumper now heading to the turns and apparently fords corner like crap because the first turn we hit my truck took it at about 60 slowing down slightly and then hitting the gas around the corner and he had to slow down to what appeared to be maybe 40 give or take as his whole truck looked like it was about to spin out. So 2 out of three races isn't to bad considering I didn't think I had to much of a chance.

Old 09-28-2006, 06:53 PM
travelinman28546
Rookie
Default RE: I BEAT HIM!!!! Stupid Fords

LOL thats funny... the other day I was going from NC to Va and I had an F-150 following close behind me ... I went to pass a car and floored it ... to my suprise the F-150 pulled right out behind me and he punched it too... I wasnt able to flat out leave him but I was pulling on him and I was like WTF.... well I stopped at the red light and when he pulled up next to me his liscense plate said BLWN-150.... LOL I kinda laughed and figured what the hell... we punched it and it was pretty even up until i hit about 4000 rpms and then I started pullin on him..... I thought that was funny as heck... maybe he should have saved his money on the truck and super charger and went ahead and bought a HEMI lol what do yall think

Old 09-28-2006, 07:07 PM
fd3sxiong

Good kills.

Although I still wander why people race in a Truck.? In my opinion, if I want to race, I would just race in my RX7. I wouldn't even bother reving or try to race if they temp me to on a light.

Old 09-28-2006, 08:29 PM
motorider228
Champion

I don't normalyy initiate the race but the reason i race in my truck is because i ride dirtbikes, therefor i must own a truck and my truck is fairly quick being an 06 hemi RC 2wd and unlike you i (unfortunately)cannot afford my truck AND an rx7 being that i am only 18 and work part time. perhaps some years down the road i will be able to afford an rx7 or twin turboed supra or something of that nature but honestly i would rather do a boat load of work to my truck and keep it looking sleep so when people roll up next to me they just think i am some punk with an exhaust.

Old 09-28-2006, 10:02 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stupid Fords ??? get real, I'm the first to admit I'm not a ford fan, but your not talking sense, add 10,000 lbs to your hemi and add 15,000 to the power stroke than go racing, the power stroke will beat you sense less..

Old 09-28-2006, 10:50 PM
HemiBuell
Captain

ORIGINAL: cyclone429

Stupid Fords ??? get real, I'm the first to admit I'm not a ford fan, but your not talking sense, add 10,000 lbs to your hemi and add 15,000 to the power stroke than go racing, the power stroke will beat you sense less..

I agree. I really hate Ford bashing. Toyota and Nissan bash away.

Go to any construction site and check out people who actually use there trucks for work everyday. Not a single Dodge, couple of Chevy's, the majority are Fords. Every plow truck in Massachusetts is a SuperDuty.

Now observe every young person who needs a truck to haul a dirtbike or boat on the weekends, like me, drives a Dodge. Cheapest of the big three truck options.

That's the way it is around here anyway. Kind of a weird pattern. My father, builds houses and drives a Ford, pointed it out and I notice it all the time now.

The pattern is totally disrupted when you look at the people who restore a truck for daily or work use, which I did before my Dodge. 80's Chevy's win hands down because of the length of production and amount of available parts. You can restore a 1 ton 80's chevy pickup with a new motor and trans and rebuilt everything else for around $5000.

Old 09-28-2006, 11:56 PM
djr04
All Star

that may have been true until recently...around here (south dakota) all the farmers and construction workers are trading their powerstrokes for the cummins because of the reliability. Powerstroke problems are so much more common than cummins problems; at the dealership i work at that i would say we get 30-40 powerstrokes to every 1 cummins.

Old 09-29-2006, 12:04 AM
motorider228
Champion

you two both have valid arguements but are definitly mistaken when you say ALL you see is fords at construction sites. now my girlfriends dad runs a saw on multiple construction sites and he drives a ford but i know alot of people who drive 4x4 cummins for their work trucks. I have 2 friends who are brothers and their dad owns a company that builds log cabins in the sierra nevadas. he drives an 05 ram 3500 dually 4x4, his oldest son drives a 1996 4x4 cummins that runs 12's in the 1/4 (just wanted to toss that in) their next son down who is 18 drives a 1991 4x4 cummins and their mom drives a 2005 jeep cherokee, so it's all mopar for that construction family so saying that they ALL drive fords is an incorrect statement considering many do drive cummins and duramax.

also, the arguement about adding whatever weight to the hemi and all that b.s. is stupid, it's like the arguement idiots bring up when they say "well my hemi would beat a lightning IF i had a supercharger" the fact of the matter is our hemis do infact weigh less and with that they will beat a stock f250. there is no rationalizing to it because if we are going to do that i could go off on a huge ignorant tangent of "what ifs". I don't care if people bash ford, chevy, dodge or any of them, that's their own personal choice but it's just very childish. I drive a hemi ram but in my personal opinion a built cummins would spank anything on the road so to me diesel is just better all around.

Old 09-29-2006, 01:41 AM
BgBluRam
Captain

It's not that they dont use the Dodges for work trucks, it is just the plain fact that people who drive Dodge's care more about their vehicles, every Ford and Chevy I see is nasty dirty, hasn't been washed since it was on the car lot, and there are usually dents in the doors and tailgate. Most Dodge's I see are clean and the tires shine in the sun, classy people drive Dodges, hicks and the like drive the others.

Old 09-29-2006, 02:37 AM
crashedcdo
Rookie

i may be new here. and maybe everyone will hate me or flame me for saying this. BUT that is the most ignorant comment i have seen on here since i have been a member.. my 2 cents..

Quick Reply: I BEAT HIM!!!! Stupid Fords