DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   3rd Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech-65/)
-   -   Homelink garage door opener... (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech/75734-homelink-garage-door-opener.html)

steve05ram360 10-02-2006 03:50 PM

Homelink garage door opener...

has anyone added the setup to their truck? should have had to install the controller and the new bezel for the overhead computer...

I'm looking to add one to my truck...

what did you have to do to get it to work?

motorhead426 10-03-2006 11:51 AM

RE: Homelink garage door opener...

I've got the buttons in my truck, and have tried and tried to program the stupid thing. Needless to say I've never been able to get it to work. I even asked the guys at the dealer that I usde to work with, and they have had the same luck. So I just gave up and said "screw it"

turbot_bird 10-03-2006 12:02 PM

I got mine to work. It took a while though.

steve05ram360 10-03-2006 01:46 PM

there are instructions floating around on one of the forums... I did a search for dodge ram, homelink and found it so it might be good to give it another shot.

I'm still looking for someone who's added it.

osteodoc08 10-03-2006 08:04 PM

ORIGINAL: motorhead426

I've got the buttons in my truck, and have tried and tried to program the stupid thing. Needless to say I've never been able to get it to work. I even asked the guys at the dealer that I usde to work with, and they have had the same luck. So I just gave up and said "screw it"
All of them are basically the same. Press the 1 and 3 buttons until it flashes. Mash the garage door opener button and the button you want to program and hold. Then go and look at the back of the garage door opener and find a learn button. Mash the button and within 20-30 seconds mash the regular garage door opener and the vehicle home link button to finish programming it. At least that is how they work on my wife's new Jeep and my now VW.

squirtbottle09 10-08-2006 05:07 PM

Go to the Homelink website and get the number for customer support. It might be in the onwers manual but I cant remember. I have an older model garage door opener and I couldnt get it to work for love nor money. I called the number and I had it working on the toyota and on the Ram within minutes.

CBRRAT 10-10-2006 07:44 PM

There are detailed instructions on www.homelink.com

redd7 11-20-2008 08:56 PM

Go to the post above by osteodoc08. The directions in the manual are correct, but if you are ADD like me you don't read both pages together. osteodoc condenses it into directions that even I can follow. Thanks osteodoc

Tizi 11-21-2008 10:33 AM

I read my manual, followed it and mine works fine. I have 2 different doors programmed into it. I really like it.

codiac 11-21-2008 10:46 AM

Not trying to hijack, but does anyone know if you can disable Homelink when the key is not in the ignition? My truck sits outside, but I'd still like to program it to open the door. I don't want it to work when the key isn't in there, as it is like a free pass to open my garage....but it would be nice when I pull in to open the garage. Can the dealer do this?