DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   3rd Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech-65/)
-   -   Anyone run into tail light problems (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech/81523-anyone-run-into-tail-light-problems.html)

gpzjack 11-15-2006 12:03 PM

Anyone run into tail light problems

The other day my 04 had a brake light go out. Replaced it and it went right out again. Had my friend look at it and it appears that the unit the bulbs go in is bad. Im getting power up thru the harness but nothing at the socket. My regular dealer is almost an hour away so im gonna try to another local dealer

Dire Wolf 11-15-2006 03:03 PM

RE: Anyone run into tail light problems

I think this happened to me last wk. Replaced a brake light bulb and it went out right away. Havent tried to replace it again, been too busy. Lamp out light has been on for weeks.

ORIGINAL: gpzjack
The other day my 04 had a brake light go out. Replaced it and it went right out again. Had my friend look at it and it appears that the unit the bulbs go in is bad. Im getting power up thru the harness but nothing at the socket. My regular dealer is almost an hour away so im gonna try to another local dealer

gpzjack 11-15-2006 05:21 PM

I tried to put another bulb in and it doesn't work. I even tried swapping other bulbs from the tail light and it doesn't work. Im going to the dealer in the morning. Im gonna see about trading it in while im there.

HemiLonestar 11-15-2006 10:05 PM

I blew a couple of bulbs in a row because it wasn't getting good contact. Once I modified it a little, no problem since.

Topher7999 11-16-2006 12:23 AM

same thing happened to me and the light out bell kept on ringing, u need to change that whole outlet thing behind the taillight bulbs may also do the trick

gpzjack 11-16-2006 08:09 PM

Just got back...It was the thing the bulbs go in ...sounds like a pretty common problem....Almost traded her in while i was there. LOL

BgBluRam 11-16-2006 08:56 PM

How much is the new socket for the bulbs? I had one taillight melt in the socket because of a bad connection and it got hot. I fixed the connection and have not had a problem since, but just curious for future reference.

Drudwn2000 11-16-2006 09:06 PM

Yep, I had the same problem. I went through like 3-4 bulbs. I just sopped caring and It has been working ever since. It seems like it is a problem every now and again. How much did you pay to get the socket piece replaced?

Drew

Parts/Service 11-17-2006 12:28 AM

The taillight "strip" on the back of the taillight is a very common problem. I sell alot of them. The part # is 55077343AD. Should cost about $20.00. If your local dealer isn't any help, call me and I can ship you them UPS. Best to replace them both at same time as they ARE gonna cause problems until you replace them.
David
James O'Neal Dodge
1-800-663-2522

gpzjack 11-17-2006 08:28 PM

Fixed under warranty! Good to know they are only $20....It cost me more in time missed from work to get to the dealer. If it happened again i would just buy them.