3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New guy here

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 04:23 PM
Tazman40
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy here

Well i have been lurking here for about a week now and decided to post.

I have been a GM man for 20 some years now and decided i needed a change and wanted a Dodge.I stumbled on a mint 06 1500 Sport with the Hemi with 20k miles on it for a descent price so i nabbed it.All i can say is Wow,wish i had made the switch YEARS ago.The hemi power is awsome compared to the 327 my Sierra had in it.And handling is pretty sweet too.

Only thing i found wrong with it is the tie rod ends .Passenger side is whipped and the drivers side isnt far behind.It goes to the dealer monday for new ones.Is this a common thing for these trucks? Seems kinda low mileage for bad tie rod ends.

Any other known issues i should be looking for?

Heres a pic,the sun didnt help me out so ill try to get a better one for a sig sometime.

Old 05-29-2009, 05:38 PM
RagingSamster
Amateur

Welcome! Nice looking truck - I'm also a former GM-head (05 Caddie, 85 Transam, 72 GMC 4X4, 02 Saturn, etc) Used to despise Mopar (having owned a 72 Dodge Charger I had the right to) But I'm loving my RAM now.

The picture from the other side would have been great, low in the sky or in shade is always best.

Old 05-29-2009, 05:48 PM
Tazman40
Professional

Ya i was a little hung over and not all with it when takeing the pic.Ill get a better one tomarrow.Got to see if i can find some mud flaps tomarrow,rained all day and now its a mess.Them 20 inch tires are not friendly when it comes to mud.