3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Error Code- P0441 Evaporative Emission Control System Incorrect Purge Flow

Old 06-28-2011, 09:44 PM
2005 ram 1500
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

failed cal emissions stated gas cap, replaced, failed again now says large or small emissions leak problems,listing many areas,gas tank etc, what kind of smoke and do they sell at auto parts store? do you put smoke in air cleaner and cap exhuast? going out to check evap canister hoses

Old 06-29-2011, 09:16 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome to the site. You certainly found an OLD thread...LOL

Just get under the truck and look at the evap can in front of the fuel tank and check all the hoses for splits or cracks.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:38 PM
Garyabaker27

I can not find this canister to save my life anyone have pictures or a diagram?

Old 12-08-2012, 05:47 PM
ElHombre03
Default Error Code - P0441

Just had this come up on my 03 Hemi. On mine it was the two large hoses that connect to the cannister and they were missing hose clamps and were not fully seated. I installed clamps and cleared the error code with my scanner and drove the truck today with no errors coming up.

If you get under the truck and look at the cannister from the passenger side view, you can get your hands in there and tighten a clamp on them if that is the problem in your case.

Joe

Old 12-09-2012, 11:31 AM
Flattman

Originally Posted by ElHombre03
Just had this come up on my 03 Hemi. On mine it was the two large hoses that connect to the cannister and they were missing hose clamps and were not fully seated. I installed clamps and cleared the error code with my scanner and drove the truck today with no errors coming up.Joe
Come back after you've run a full tank of gas through and let us know if the codes are still gone. After a reset it can take that long.

Old 05-26-2016, 10:47 AM
4STFire
Amateur

Had this issue a while ago and it just came back. Last time replaced the evap solenoid and the evap canister. The canister had deteriorated and was spilling charcoal into the lines. The solenoid was stuck open and likely had a chunk of charcoal stuck in there somewhere. Tried to clean solenoid with compressed air, but that didn't help. Blew out all the lines before installing new components. That fixed lasted 3 years.

Recently I had to install new rear leaf springs and had to move the fuel tank to rear the front driver leaf bolt. I'm wondering whether shifting the tank slightly caused some fuel system line to be loose resulting in the P0441 code. I cleared the code and was good for a few weeks and came back today. Now I'll dig into the search for the source. Any ideas besides checking the solenoid and lines?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Error Code- P0441 Evaporative Emission Control System Incorrect Purge Flow