3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Extrememly Impressed with First Dodge

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 07:36 PM
Ben D.
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extrememly Impressed with First Dodge

Well guys I have been waiting on an 07 ram 2500 CTD with six speed getting the 6.7L since I coudln't find any six speed CTD's in a configuration I wanted. Been waiting about a month now and shouldn't be much longer. but in the meantime my dad just purchased a brand new leftover 2006 Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 with TRX4 package 4.7L v8 and six speed. Regular cab short bed. For him this truck is perfect since he doesn't want a huge engine loves reg cab short bed and stick shift. He bought a GMC the way he liked but it was slightly used (6k miles) He wasn't all that happy with it. Certain trim pieces on the interior were loose and not from abuse just hwo they were attached. Just really wasn't any attention to detail. Also mechanical issues rear end was very loose and you could hear it when you laced into the gas. Also when you shifted at high rpms when you let off the gas and put in the clutch the rpm's didn't drop for a few seconds making the next gear jerk since the rpms were still high. Well enough about that pos.
We found this truck at a local dealer and it's the only one we could find anywhere. RCSB and six speed very rare nowadays. Used vehix and other sites found none anywhere. So we went through negotiations got a good price 8k off sticker and decent financing. We've had the truck for three days and me him and my mom are more than impressed witht he attention to detail of the truck. Everything is solid it drives great the interior is more thna comfortable and looks great with the wood grain trim (don't think it's real wood but looks good anyway lol) The nice pockets to put stuff in, easy to use controls, flip down center section that opens for storage and has a change holder and spare 12v receptacle. Can't say on mechanical reliability yet but from what i've seen so far i'm not worried at all. Not to mention the 4.7 has great power. Overall i'm extrememly impressed I can't wait to get my CTD and Dodge officially makes the best truck on the market

Old 03-02-2007, 07:43 PM
dirtydodge02
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extrememly Impressed with First Dodge

Let us know how that 6.7 does. I'm curious about it after all the reading I've done on it.

Quick Reply: Extrememly Impressed with First Dodge