3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

spun out (180) slipped gear '02 quad sport

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 07:10 PM
skitzo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spun out (180) slipped gear '02 quad sport

just bought a 02 dodge 1500 sport a few days ago... impulse buy. I'm wating for problems to show up because i never get the truck checked out even though it was from a creditable dealer... so far so good

i was getting on the onramp yesterday (raining) and coming around the corner i goosed it to try and kick the back end out just a little bit and completely spun out (more power than my last truck) and when i came to a stop the gear indicator said it was in drive but it wasn't moving, just reving like it was in neutral, so i popped it up in to neutral, indicator stayed on drive and popped it back into drive. worked fine. question is, is this anything i should be concerned about? could a spinout cause slippage or ruin the tranny in anyway?

i appreciate the input guys

Old 03-13-2007, 03:41 PM
Foiled
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: spun out (180) slipped gear '02 quad sport

If I had to guess when you did your 180 you could have bumped the gear selector and moved it just enough to bump it in N and the light stayed in D. I have heard of other people having problem with the gear display.

Could a 180 cause problems? Maybe, too may different things could cause a problem. But if the truck is driving fine now and does not act up then don't worry about it. Just keep an eye on it and take it to a professional if you feel something odd.

Quick Reply: spun out (180) slipped gear '02 quad sport