3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

08 Dodge Ram 1500 U Connect Probs

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 09:36 AM
tucke087
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 Dodge Ram 1500 U Connect Probs

I have a 2008 dodge ram 1500 laramie and the sticker says it has the uconnect options but when I hit the buttons nothing happens. I do not have the gps radio just the standard one. I called dodge the transfered me to uconnect which just told me to take it in to the dealer. I looked in my truck and found a small black box with a bluetooth symbol on the passenger side under the glove box. Please help

Old 09-23-2009, 12:20 PM
Ironhead
Professional

When you hit the U Connect button on the mirror it should ask you what you want to do. Even if your vehicle doesn't have the the u connect installed (but has the u connect button), it will say something like "u connect not installed". If you don't hear anything take it back to the dealer.

Old 09-24-2009, 06:59 AM
tucke087
Default Hoping

I was hoping somebody would give me some better advice then just go to the dealer. U connect wouldnt give me any troubleshooting tips too just go to the dealer. Usually my dealer is my last step since they are usually a holes and will only fix something if they have to. Well anyway i am going to the dealer today to see what they will say

Old 07-20-2010, 11:14 AM
cshreea
Question What do u do to keep Uconnect from taking over call?

When in my husbands truck the U connect (dealer installed) will not keep from taking over the call from the phone even when you press the phone button on the menu screen (on the i phone). Any answers on what to do? Or how to get in touch with U connect. We don't have the booklet that came with the truck.

Last edited by cshreea; 07-20-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:16 PM
Marx
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that should be under warranty if its an 08, sorry to say but i think the dealer is your only option

Old 07-20-2010, 02:26 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Bought my mother a Gran Caravan, '08. Had the U-connect without Nav system. Didn't work from day one. Brought it to the dealer and they were stumped. Guess that's the issue buying an '08 on the first shipment to the dealer. They had NO experience with any '08 vehicle or accessories to that point.

Were going to swap out the unit until the service mgr. called someplace and found out there was an update ROM CD that needed to be run. Ordered one for him and a second to be drop shipped to me. Told me to put it in and run it and if it didn't fix the problem to take the vehicle back to them.

Stuck the CD in when I got it (about 5 days later) and it ran a ROM update and as soon as it was complete, everything worked.

You may simply need to run this update...

Old 12-20-2010, 07:54 PM
65sportfurious

The Uconnect on my 08 Ram worked for about 20 months and then quit working. At first the dealer called me back and said my truck didnt have it. After I told the idiots that I had been using it the whole time I had the truck they "looked" again and said "oh ya, its broken." I was told last JULY, that it was back ordered until October. In October I was told it was back ordered until November. I just called them and was told it was now back ordered until January, 6 months after they ordered the part. Needless to say, the Dodge representative probably needed some fresh air and a Xanax after reading my email....but have so far also been less than helpful. So, if its broken, be prepared to wait a while before you get it fixed. They also are frowning on my suggestion that they refund the money I paid for the option if they are not going to fix it. Morons

Quick Reply: 08 Dodge Ram 1500 U Connect Probs