3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Eletrical Problem - Brakes lights on, AC fan on

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 11:11 AM
T-Muns
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Eletrical Problem - Brakes lights on, AC fan on

Having an issue where my brake (stop lights in rear) are steady on while the truck is either running or "on". Also, the AC condenser fan runs hard while the truck is running.

Here is where it gets complicated. I just got done a hemi swap (put a 2003 hemi in my 2002 that had a 4.7). Both trucks had the C130 dash plug, so everything else works. It runs, drives, and shifts great. All lights, turn signals, gauges, ac/heater controls, radio, etc work. BTW a post is on the way for this.

I don't think the switch is the problem, it worked before the swap. If I turn the truck off, I can hit the brake pedal and the lights come on fine. I think there is voltage somewhere there shouldn't be, or a open ground somewhere.

I realize this is pretty specific, but I thought I would reach out to see if I could get any ideas. Tonight I'm probably going to compare the dash plug pinouts from the 2002 and see if something is missing or extra that isn't needed and may be causing a prob.

I have 2 codes, one for evap because my vapor canister is busted up and another for ambient air temp sensor.

Last edited by T-Muns; 02-08-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:05 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Im sorry I cant help. Sounds interesting though. If you need some wiring diagrams then LMK.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:34 PM
T-Muns
Veteran

Ok thanks will do

Old 03-19-2011, 12:38 PM
T-Muns
Veteran

Update: AC fan solved. I think it started working properly when I fixed the ambient air temperature sensor circuit.

Old 08-05-2015, 11:04 AM
M.A.D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an 2003 dodge ram 1500 thunder road Laramie 5.7. My brake lights is staying, while the truck is turn on or when it's crank up. But the third brake works fine. No brake light come on cluster. Have already switch with the brake light switch and both tail light circuit board. Bought all three parts from the dealership. I'm still having problem with brake light staying on. If anybody else is having the same problem. Please let me how you solve this BIG problem.

Quick Reply: Eletrical Problem - Brakes lights on, AC fan on