4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

added EVIC gauge cluster to my st ram

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 02:59 AM
Jonny3000
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So I'm with Jon right now at Afterhours Mopar and we have installed all hardware and he has programmed everything to work with the Evic. This includes all menu's, horn, overhead module, compass, homelink, remote start, set factory alarm to actually work, TPS premium, steering wheel buttons to include audio buttons and much more. You not believe what can be accomplished with the right tools (programming) But, it took some ingenuity to make it all work right. He also got the mileage working too. Let me know if you wanna know more. Jonathan00002005@gmail.com

Old 11-08-2011, 07:43 PM
Jonny3000

So here is the final mod setup for the EVIC install. This basically has three wires that are spliced. One is a ground, the other is the LIN BUS and the last is a fuse B+ wire. I would start by creating a harness of two wires or red and green, about three feet in length. Then splice the wires that are shown in the pics provided on the link below. Make sure these wires are firmly installed to prevent it being lose and bad contact. Lastly make sure you find a suitable ground location. Once complete, you should see the steering wheel buttons light up. All buttons should work and horn should be operational. Note: None of the buttons or horn will work without the EVIC installed nor will most everything in your cab will work. The EVIC is where most everything runs through. If you install the old ST cluster, everything will work except the horn and buttons, you should still see the buttons light up though. BUT, without the proper sales code added to your vin then nothing will work with the EVIC. This can be done at your local dealer, provided they have common sense and want to help. Or you can contact Jon and Scott and they will not only add the needed sales code but much more. The mileage will be up to you whether you want to park your truck at the dealership for awhile till the EVIC comes in or you could have it reprogrammed. Some people like to just burn up miles on their old cluster to catch up to a used EVIC. Please let me know if you have any questions and if you learn anything new, please post it. Please also post with any success you have with this mod so others may install with confidence.

Also, if you need to know how I hook up my compass and homlink, please let me know.

Here is the link for the pictures for the wire splice mod that you need
https://picasaweb.google.com/1156511...eat=directlink

The following 2 users liked this post by Jonny3000:
BigTruck2008 (03-12-2023), Dollar$B1LL (06-10-2020)
Old 11-11-2011, 02:45 PM
EDS451
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another EVIC success!!

I added an EVIC to my 2010 ST a couple months ago because I wanted full gauges. Little did I know about the programming issues that are associated with such an "upgrade".
Long story short..everything works.... now!! Add the RDZ sales code, add the wiring mods per Jonny3000 and NYINSTALLER and CUT the old wires at the clockspring.
Awesome writeup Jonathan. Many thanks to you and NYINSTALLER.

Old 11-11-2011, 06:56 PM
APRAM
Default Just back from dealer

I just returned from the dealer where they added the RDZ sales code on my 2011 ST RAM. Everything went well and everything works.

I swapped in the cluster earlier this month and completed the wiring mods this morning per the instructions from Jonathan and Jon.

Guys, thanks so much for all the help on this, without your postings and direct help I would still be scratching my head.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:30 AM
AlbertaRAM
Professional

Where did you guys get your EVIC clusters?

Old 02-04-2012, 03:47 PM
EDS451

Ebay for mine. About $180
Watch the mileage on the evic!!! It does not self correct to the master TIPM when you install it. If too far off, you need to have it reset by someone like Jon.
Good Luck.

Old 02-11-2012, 10:08 AM
AlbertaRAM
Professional

Confused here... Does the EVIC cluster have to be from the same year truck or will any 2009-2012 cluster work? I have read that it has to match the year but obviously it wasn't the case here.
Thanks!

Old 02-12-2012, 06:01 PM
Jonny3000

Yes. Any years between 09 to 12 would work. Although I would get the 10 or higher so you can get the tire pressure sensor read out. Also something that you have to program as well.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:32 PM
AlbertaRAM
Professional

So I ended up finding a wheel and speedo... quick question. When you had yours apart did you happen to notice if it's possible to replace the plastic face of the speedo easily? The one I ordered has a fairly big scratch on it so was hoping I could swap the plastic from my current one over to it.
Thanks!

Old 02-29-2012, 10:34 AM
EDS451

If memory serves, it should be a snap on. Can't see mopar (or any manufacturer) spending time to screw on a faceplate when you can just snap it together.
I really like my upgrades. Wish I had added the XGM (individual tire) sensor display when I added the RDZ. Dealer now is reluctant to add.
Good luck.

Quick Reply: added EVIC gauge cluster to my st ram