4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Traded in my Ram.. got a 2011 Orange Challenger RT

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 11:39 AM
Doc Fluty
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys..

I deff already miss my ram. Challenger guys are very "uncreative" ...most of the topics they talk about are functional hood scoops and hood pins.

I have been getting on this Chally the last few days and still have 3/4s tank of gas.. So im already stoked. My ram would be well over half down by now even with a larger tank.

Ive been looking at some foose rims the last few days, waiting for my pay check to come in. Also going to lower it, get sequential tail lights and work on the audio gear.

I jacked my alpine pdx600.1 amp from the truck.. everything else stayed. I also have 2 new Hertz subs that I still have to build a box for.

Who knows how far Ill take the chally.. I REALLY love the paint job.. not sure if i want to do a tribal on this hood like I did the ram.

Surprisingly.. I got 2 cars seats in the backseat and the kids fit comfortably.

On those new longer trips we are going to upgrade the wife's Mariner to a Buick Enclave or something nice.

Old 04-19-2011, 12:09 PM
crod
All Star

Sweet! Well at least you got the fastest color! (check my sig)
It would have been funny if you came back with an srt8 .....

Old 04-19-2011, 01:16 PM
POWER SEDAN
Captain

Is this a 6 speed?

Old 04-19-2011, 09:07 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

How much did they come down on the price of the car?

Old 04-19-2011, 10:18 PM
Pedro Dog
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Doc Fluty
I went to Seaworld SA this past weekend and stuck in $90 worth of gas... on the way home i had to drop another $80... so after spending almost $200 in one day on a trip I decided that was too much.

I i ended up with an orange challenger RT.. that gets 28 mpg on the highway... see.. im saving lol

Im going to miss the truck.. but i wanted a chally even when i bought my truck.. they were just marking them up $5000 then.
After all the gushing you did about the Ram, and now you want better gas milage? Your credibility just took a dive. I'm glad you love your new car, but this is a TRUCK forum.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:41 AM
jaflowers
Professional

Nice new car but I'd have never let your truck go for that. No lifetime warranty with the car unless you paid for it. The girlfriend and I went out a few weeks ago and traded her car in and bought a new 2011 Charger. She loves it and it gets good gas mileage but...... I still have my truck.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:00 AM
BigTexMarine
Veteran

Hey Doc, go check out Mobile Sound Systems off of Cooper st in Arlington. That is where I got my audio stuff done and when I picked it up, they had just finished doing a custom job with a new Challenger. Custom box setups and everything. Looked freakin' badass! Talk to Nick.

Old 04-20-2011, 11:27 AM
Doc Fluty
Banned

Originally Posted by Pedro Dog
After all the gushing you did about the Ram, and now you want better gas milage? Your credibility just took a dive. I'm glad you love your new car, but this is a TRUCK forum.
No this is a DODGE forum.

this is just a truck SUB-FORUM

And you never saw me "gush" about my truck.. I liked it a lot. I still do love the 4th gen style rams.

But it wasnt JUST the gas mileage... it also had to do with me needing new 24" tires, fixing some deep paint scratches, the center power outlet not working (out of warranty) and some other items.

The fact is yea.. I lost my lifetime warranty, but I doubt i was going to keep that Ram the rest of my life anyway. Life is about progressing, not about holding on to possessions as if they are some cherished prize. They all end up in the junk yard some day

Old 04-20-2011, 11:29 AM
Doc Fluty
Banned

Originally Posted by BigTexMarine
Hey Doc, go check out Mobile Sound Systems off of Cooper st in Arlington. That is where I got my audio stuff done and when I picked it up, they had just finished doing a custom job with a new Challenger. Custom box setups and everything. Looked freakin' badass! Talk to Nick.
Will do... I was looking at some stuff yesterday and want to get some new toys

Quick Reply: Traded in my Ram.. got a 2011 Orange Challenger RT