DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/4th-gen-ram-general-discussion-non-tech-148/)
-   -   Mopar Slush mats vs. Weathertech? (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/4th-gen-ram-general-discussion-non-tech/288401-mopar-slush-mats-vs-weathertech.html)

roberttheall 04-20-2011 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by RoamingNortheasterner (Post 2483575)
Anyone have the Mopar Slush mats? Are they good enough?

I am leaning towards the Mopar mats, I can order them in the matching dark slate color, they have RAM or Dodge on them ,and are slightly cheaper.

Reviews are good for Weathertech.

Checked some out at Cabela's...they seemed pretty thin for $200+ , and color is only in Black, Grey or Tan

I have the mopar mats, I like them fine, but I think I would like the weather tech better I like how they are better molded to fit the floor area covering more better than the mopar mats.

Patsfan 04-20-2011 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by roberttheall (Post 2484081)
I have the mopar mats, I like them fine, but I think I would like the weather tech better I like how they are better molded to fit the floor area covering more better than the mopar mats.

The same, I agree.

WNDERR 04-20-2011 08:37 AM

I have Weathertechs, and the fit is amazing - they even channel debris to the outside of the vehicle, when the door is open.

I'll never buy anything else. Definitely worth the cost - my local aftermarket dealer sells them for $89 (front or rear).

I can't comment on the Mopar Mats.

nolimits 04-20-2011 10:19 AM

I've had the Weathertechs through 2 winters and they're holding up great. Like others have said, my carpet underneath stays clean and looks like new, even around the edges. I'd buy them again without a doubt.

markgpz 04-20-2011 10:48 AM

Which Weathertech mats are you guys commenting on? The "Floorliner Digital Fit" or the "All Weather Floor Mat"?

Are the Weathertech Floor Liner mats as soft and pliable as their All Weather mats?

WNDERR 04-20-2011 11:23 AM

Digital Fit. - yes, they are "pliable" within reason, but must be somewhat stiff to keep their shape.

POWER SEDAN 04-20-2011 01:19 PM

I had weather-tech in my '05 Ram, now I have the Husky mats and actually believe they do a great job. Three winters now, and carpet looks brand new, like day one, plus they were less expensive then Mopar or Weather-tech.

Powerubi Wacon 04-21-2011 01:03 AM

I have Mopar slush mats in my Jeep Wrangler. They are junk. They cracked, allowing the water/dirt to leak out of the bottom, after only five years. Only 45,000 miles worth of use.

I have Husky floor liners in my Jeep Grand Cherokee. They are a major improvement over the Mopar slush mats. A little on the flimsy/too flexible side.

I have the Weathertech Digital Fit floor liners in my Dodge Ram. Worlds better than the Mopar slush mats and noticeably better than the Husky floor liners. They are ridged and cover the foot-wells nicely.

rking300 04-27-2011 11:28 AM

Weathertech!

Shibby927 06-23-2011 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by Powerubi Wacon (Post 2485346)
I have Mopar slush mats in my Jeep Wrangler. They are junk. They cracked, allowing the water/dirt to leak out of the bottom, after only five years. Only 45,000 miles worth of use.

I have Husky floor liners in my Jeep Grand Cherokee. They are a major improvement over the Mopar slush mats. A little on the flimsy/too flexible side.

I have the Weathertech Digital Fit floor liners in my Dodge Ram. Worlds better than the Mopar slush mats and noticeably better than the Husky floor liners. They are ridged and cover the foot-wells nicely.

Only "FIVE" Years. Sure you only had them for 45k Miles worth of use but 5 years is a long time for some rubber floor mats to last. They are going to dry up and crack over a certain period of time and I would say five years of longevity out of them is a pro rather than a con.

I personally like the look of the Mopar Slush mats over the Weathertech ones and they are much cheaper as well. $200 is a lot to pay for rubber floor mats.