4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

best bang for the $$$

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 11:08 PM
mightyduc998
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best bang for the $$$

well after test driving the leftover '11 2500's i have decided to keep my 1500 and just do the typical powr adders.
unfortunately for me, IDK what these are for trucks,sportbikes would be a different story.
on my ram 3500 i had an H&S programmer ,K&N cold air and a full exhaust installed .
i wanna save some money and do the installs on the 1500 myself.
so,which product combos are the most recomended ,and how do they affect the warranty....?
thanks in advance.
Joe

Old 11-01-2011, 01:27 AM
aktrite28
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would do in this order,
Superchips cortex programmer you can always return to stock tuning for dealer warranty coverage $325-400
CAI any brand, Dealer installed mopar intake is covered under warranty, $60-500
exhaust, catback or muffler swap, mopar intake available for warranty, $200-1500i like magnaflow exhaust, just simple muffler swap is cool,
headers
throttle body upgrade to larger diamater or throttle body spacers avail $not sure

these are the most common, i seen the biggest improvement when adding the programmer, intakes are pretty much all the same, caution with exhaust they say with some cheaper ones you loose a bit more then usual tq and the low end

Quick Reply: best bang for the $$$