4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

NEW and IMPROVED

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 11:03 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts
Default NEW and IMPROVED

Hey all! I just wanted to introduce myself. I have been on the Dakota side for quite awhile, but made the jump. I just upgraded from my 2007 Dakota to 2014 Ram on Tuesday! I wish I would have done this years ago! This is an awesome truck. The ride, power, etc is perfect! So without further delay, here's a picture of the animal

Old 12-06-2014, 07:50 PM
POWER SEDAN
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome rig! That's the exact same truck I own, except mines a '13, with some minor exterior updates.

Old 12-07-2014, 10:20 AM
Johnn123
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice truck! Congratz on your purchase, I remember going from a Dakota to Ram never looked back!

Old 12-08-2014, 08:37 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator

Originally Posted by POWER SEDAN
Awesome rig! That's the exact same truck I own, except mines a '13, with some minor exterior updates.
Thanks man! Nice... any updated pictures of it. I am looking for ideas I have some in mind.

Originally Posted by Johnn123
Nice truck! Congratz on your purchase, I remember going from a Dakota to Ram never looked back!
Thanks man! I havent looked back, yet, either.

Old 12-10-2014, 08:34 AM
Johnn123
Record Breaker

So got any mods in mind for her?

Old 12-11-2014, 08:34 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator

So got any mods in mind for her?
Mostly cosmetic right now. I am looking at a soft top tonneau, as I had good luck with a Extang Classic on my last truck. I am open to suggestions and am looking for photographs of anyone with one installed. I am also looking at step bars. The truck is a bit tall for my short wife. I am looking at some Westin step bars, most likely the stainless. I eventually will look for a tuner next, I have a SC3865 right no from my last truck that is compatible with the Rams, but it looks like 2013 was the last year Superchips supported. So I may sell that and purchase one of the available tuners. Still up in the air. I get mixed reviews on upgrading the intake, so I may not do anything with that. As far as exhaust, I may stay stock with it. It has a nice note for a stock setup. If I were to upgrade, I would think it would to a MBRP setup.

Any suggestions? She's a clean slate! I've added weather tech to the interior and vent shades to the exterior.

Old 12-11-2014, 11:32 PM
Johnn123
Record Breaker

A soft tonneau is one of the mods on my list as well. Westin stainless bars look like a good choice for your new rig! Im a fan of the N-Fab steps as well, and they also come in a stainless. Superchips is another mod on my list, though Im debating between it and a Bully Dog programmer. A good K&N drop in filter seems to be the way to go I've been hearing about these trucks. I've heard good things about the Vararam system however. I was of the same opinion on exhaust, wanting to leave it stock but now Im itching for some sound. Myself I'd like to do true duals with an X-pipe and Spintech mufflers. Have you considered a light bar possibly? Many seem to mount curved ones in the bumper on sports.

Old 12-19-2014, 07:32 PM
Pull Ya
Professional

Catch can.
Jay

Old 12-20-2014, 01:23 AM
NV290
All Star

A good K&N drop in filter seems to be the way to go I've been hearing about these trucks.
Save your money. Aside from the fact you will allow more dirt into your engine compared to using a paper filter, a K&N filter on a 4th gen without headers, high flow throttle body and ported heads will offer zero increase in power or MPG. The factory intake system flows more air then the engine can use. And as for saving money on buying paper air filters by using a K&N? It will not pay for itself till you get to around 160,000 miles.

Old 12-22-2014, 01:37 AM
Rambunkshuss

Congrat`s on the new truck, love the white, gorgeous.

Just some advice, leave the stock OEM air box alone, it breathe`s very well with the paper filter. The OEM sport exhaust... its gonna get a tiny bit throatier when you get some miles on it, mine did and i like it and i can still be stealthy when i need to be.

Just some food for thought.... when that 8-speed transmission gets a little clunky/coastal bump shifting @ 3-2, 2-1, just drive it. There is no fix for it right now, so just live with it unless something drastic happens. Its gonna take some time to learn how it works... they ARE a little different than the old 6-speeds. The transmission has a learn feature within the programming, you`re going to notice it will shift differently from time to time... dont worry about it.

If you do a oil catch can like a lot of guys do, save your money, just vent it to the atmosphere and put a small motorcycle breather filter on the end of the hose. Block off the throttle body hose, done. Least mod money spent saves it for other goodies.

Best advice i can tell you, expect less from the truck, and you`ll always be happier.
Just ENJOY that new truck...!!!!

Quick Reply: NEW and IMPROVED