4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Pace Edwards Cover

Old 12-30-2008, 10:12 PM
MisterScott
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pace Edwards Cover

Had a Rhino liner put in today and the shop was able to get there hands on a Pace Edwards metal roll-away cover. I am a big fan of these because with a tailgate lock you have secure storage. Anyhow, the PE cover did not fit thought it was specific for the 09 ram. The box where the cover rolls into was a 1/4 to 1/2 inch to wide. He is checking with PE. Be carefull buying aftermarket parts early in the run.

Another note, the dealer had installed a plastic bedliner which I had them remove. I can't believe people use them any more. Anyhow, the plastic flange on the tailgate is a once use only. They had to take it off and now the damn thing won't stay on. If you drag the slightest item over it it dislodges. Oh and by the way, you really have to leave the over the rail plastic covers on because there are some mammoth holes in the metal where these things fit. Can't do an over the the rail spray in bed liner.

Old 12-31-2008, 12:10 PM
SIDELOCK
Amateur

Try the "undercover" from Versacover (www.versacover.com). Just ordered & installed one on my '09 Sport. Had one on my '03 as well. This is the absolute best cover I've ever seem. Check the website. 65 lbs., easy on & off, waterproof!, fits beautifully over '09 tailgate & locks it in place, LED light, lockable, quality hardware, great customer service. Special now on free delivery. I guess you can tell how happy I am with it.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:10 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a PE on the SRT. Like everything about it but one thing.... Rattles in the tracks at speeds of 35+

Old 01-02-2009, 03:20 PM
Cruzin90
Rookie

The PE Full Metal Jack Rabbit is an OK cover. But, for the same price, the TruckCoversUSA cover is superior. TCUSA is also powdercoated aluminum but it's double walled and can hold over 500 pounds (the PE is rated about 200 pounds). Also, the TCUSA has the smallest rollup canister on the market at only 8" x 8". The TCUSA slats are interconnected and the PE slats are attached by rubber which can break.

The '09 Ram beds are wide toward the front and narrow at the tailgate (unlike previous Rams).

PE Full Metal:
Name:  pace_edwards_fmjr_cover.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  34.0 KB

TruckCoversUSA:
Name:  TCUSA4.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  56.0 KB

Name:  TCUSA1.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  108.2 KB

Old 01-17-2009, 10:32 AM
kxwhite
Professional

so has anybody put these covers on their 09's yet? what about the mopar covers? anybody try those out yet?

Old 01-17-2009, 01:43 PM
Secret Agent Man
Captain

I got the Mopar soft tonneau cover for my crew cab. I know its not a hard cover so it won't provide lockable storage with my locking tailgate, but that wasn't important to me. I'm very happy with it. It fits great and was easy to install. I got it with my eSpiff $1000 coupon for mopar accessories when I bought the truck. It was lucky I found that deal too. I was ready to go to the dealer to pick up my truck when I stumbled upon the coupon online. I printed it up and got the tonneau cover, a bed mat, slush mats, trailer tow mirrors and a bed extender. Not to shabby!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pace Edwards Cover