DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   4th Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/4th-gen-ram-tech-120/)
-   -   Problem with the EVIC LCD Display (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/4th-gen-ram-tech/201482-problem-with-the-evic-lcd-display.html)

navyr6 05-21-2009 05:57 PM

Problem with the EVIC LCD Display

So leaving work today, as I start the truck to come home, I notice when the ram's head logo pops up, there is a black line across it- right above the eyes! :eek: I got a good look at it in a rare moment of sunshine (it's been raining here nonstop since sunday), and it looks like there's a line of dead pixels all the way across the LCD. It's in between the lines of text for the info display, the only way you'd notice it is really on start-up (non-remote type) unless you're paying really close attention. The dealership told me to bring it in right away. So it's going in tomorrow to get looked at, that and the rear-end that's been sitting unlevel since the day i brought it home. :mad: Thoughts?

savage_46 05-22-2009 03:39 PM

that is pretty weird about the cluster. wonder how many more are gonna be like that. im curious about how much they cost for when people are out of warranty. rear end issue could be a weak spring.

navyr6 05-22-2009 04:37 PM

Took the truck in today, service manager hadn't heard about anything like it yet- said mine was the prototype truck for him, since the haven't sold too many of them yet. Now I'm waiting on a replacement gauge cluster since it's all one piece. He also noticed that my radio antenna was getting rust discoloration on it, and ordered a replacement antenna, too. Can't wait to see how long it takes to get the new gauges in. As for the rear end, was told they'll most likely have to order two new rear springs and replace those as well. At least they're being somewhat proactive about getting things fixed. Anyone experience anything similar to this yet?

Sobomaster 05-22-2009 05:23 PM

Hey, at least they're getting the stuff fixed. That's awesome. Not all dealerships are that helpful.

navyr6 05-22-2009 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Sobomaster (Post 1676165)
Hey, at least they're getting the stuff fixed. That's awesome. Not all dealerships are that helpful.

don't get me wrong, i'm not complaining, far from it. i know some people have had serious problems getting things fixed at the dealerships, even before the closing list came out. (my dealership isn't onthe list, thankfully- it's less than a mile from my house!) at least i didn't hear everyone's favorite words from the service department...

"they all do that, it's normal"
:mad:

navyr6 07-13-2009 11:25 AM

UPDATE:

So I got my new EVIC installed two weeks ago and went on vacation with the truck. If anyone is wanting the "Fuel Saver" light and does not have it, get your EVIC replaced and you will have it. Surprised the hell out of me the first time I saw it come on, though to be honest I haven't seen it on very much. Mostly when coasting and <45mph. Just thought I'd get the word out.

Hdcowboy 07-13-2009 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by navyr6 (Post 1676129)
He also noticed that my radio antenna was getting rust discoloration on it, and ordered a replacement antenna, too.

Heck when I bought my truck the salesman and I noticed some rust discoloration on my antenna so he was gonna switch it out with an antenna on one of the other trucks on the lot, we started looking closely at them and every one of them had a coat of light surface rust on them. I wound up using some of that chrome wadding polish on it when i got it home and it took it right off. Funny thing though after I got it home I compared my antenna with the one on my old 97 F-150 and they were practically identical except for the fact that the Fords was painted black.

sarguy01 07-13-2009 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by navyr6 (Post 1734938)
UPDATE:

So I got my new EVIC installed two weeks ago and went on vacation with the truck. If anyone is wanting the "Fuel Saver" light and does not have it, get your EVIC replaced and you will have it. Surprised the hell out of me the first time I saw it come on, though to be honest I haven't seen it on very much. Mostly when coasting and <45mph. Just thought I'd get the word out.

Really? That is interesting. I wonder how I can break mine so that it will be covered under warranty? Kidding!

Doc Fluty 07-13-2009 02:38 PM

^^^ thinking the same there but not kidding lol

j-rod82 07-13-2009 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Fluty (Post 1735162)
^^^ thinking the same there but not kidding lol

x2 !! :icon_smash: :icon_wink: