4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dent on rear bumper

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 01:23 PM
capsfloyd
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Dent on rear bumper

Well it happen , ATMOS Energy in their infinte wisdom was routing new future gas lines other side of my alley and in the middle of the drive way.
Backing out cliped the future sticking up with tall grass around it

Took it in to the dealer 500.00 for rear bumper.

I looked down the alley and about 3 driveways the installed futures across the alley and in the middle of their drive way also.

Old 10-03-2009, 01:32 PM
oldjeep
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will the dent pop out? I jacknifed an empty car dolly and the spare hit my bumper hard enough to make a nice 4-5" round dent in it. No creases, just hit it from behind with a hammer twice and it popped out with no visible damage.

The bumpers are really thin.

Old 10-03-2009, 03:18 PM
capsfloyd
Captain

No It creased it

Old 10-03-2009, 04:23 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

How bad is it? I have two small dings up front, but not worth fixing. Afterall, it is a truck.

Old 10-05-2009, 09:13 AM
AL68
Rookie

I couldn't live with any dings on my truck, bumper or not I'd get it fixed.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:18 AM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by AL68
I couldn't live with any dings on my truck, bumper or not I'd get it fixed.
I take it your truck then is not used for truck things? If you're towing, hauling, or off-roading, you're going to get dings....

Old 10-06-2009, 02:42 PM
evenodds20
Rookie

my wife put a small dent about 2" in diameter dead center on the rear bumper while trying to hook up to my trailer. ( i told her not to ) anyways i figured i would fab up a small plate that would over that small 1 foot long space as sort of a protector and have it pained the same color at the truck to blend in. it will cover the blemish and prevent any future dents. i think there may be a market in it. anyone care to team up?

Old 10-06-2009, 03:30 PM
evenodds20
Rookie

my wife put a small dent about 2" in diameter dead center on the rear bumper while trying to hook up to my trailer. ( i told her not to ) anyways i figured i would fab up a small plate that would over that small 1 foot long space as sort of a protector and have it pained the same color at the truck to blend in. it will cover the blemish and prevent any future dents. i think there may be a market in it. anyone care to team up?

Old 10-06-2009, 03:49 PM
dhopkins
Amateur

capsfloyd, if it makes you feel better I have had me truck since 7/30/09 and on 9/25/09 someone backed into the side of it between the cab and the rear wheel on the driver's side just below the fuel dorr and caved the side in about 9" and then just left the area before I came out of the store. $1,800 later and a new bedside I get to pick it up tomorrow.

Old 10-06-2009, 03:58 PM
oldjeep
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by evenodds20

You can actually buy something already to solve your problem.
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c...1&kwtid=239442

As for dents on a bumper, if mine hadn't popped right out I would have been pissed for a bit, but sure wouldn't spend $500 on a new bumper because of it. It's a truck, they get dented.

Quick Reply: Dent on rear bumper