4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:24 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

For those who's key fob stops working....

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 04:10 PM
thinkharderchri
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Funny

I think this is a real problem and wish Dodge could wave some kind of magic wand and fix it.

On the other hand isn't it hilarious how we will push that unlock button a million times rather than just calmly using the vanity key?

Old 06-29-2009, 04:19 PM
Hop
Professional

Originally Posted by thinkharderchri
On the other hand isn't it hilarious how we will push that unlock button a million times rather than just calmly using the vanity key?
That's all good till the horn starts blaring and makes you look like a complete N00B!

Old 06-29-2009, 04:38 PM
buckarcher
Veteran

I have remote start and that has never happened to me, but my rear driver side door started going crazy. It would lock after it was closed and I would have to open my door and hit the unlock to let them back in. It also would not lock when I used the fob to arm the alarm. I could open the door and the alarm would not sound. Took it to dealer the other day and mentioned the problem to my tech. He said that he had to untwist the electrical harness and now it works fine.

that makes me wonder if they twisted up the wires for the remote start on some trucks?

Old 06-29-2009, 06:42 PM
09 Ram TRX 4 Lover
Professional
Default FOB Issuse

I also have had this issue with my key fob. I do not have remote start and have it set to unlock all doors. I do the same thing hit the lock button then unlock. But today tryed something different. Tryed to lock truck with inside key lock button and nothing??? Hit the lock on the FOB and magic. Kind of a pain sometimes but hey computers. We can send man and women to the moon but small things kick our butts.

Old 06-30-2009, 02:28 AM
BubbaRadioNetwork
Veteran

I have also had the inside lock button not work a few times. I have more problems with the fob tho.

Old 06-30-2009, 02:41 AM
renos09
Veteran

I went to the dealership today and spoke to a tech about the problem with the locks, he looked at me like I was crazy. Then I spoke to the service manager and he said they can reflash the key. Is that possible? reno

Old 06-30-2009, 10:43 AM
TooFast007

Since I've had the problem with the fob and interior unlock button it points to something deeper - without prints I can't say for sure but I'm thinking once the unlock request is received the computer switches a transistor to energize the relay controlling the unlock solenoid in the door. If the on duration of the transistor is too short the relay doesn't change states or maintain long enough to enerize the solenoid and unlock the door. Increasing the on duration of the transistor might be the fix.

Old 07-01-2009, 03:47 AM
renos09
Veteran

I thought it might be the u connect hands free system. It seems to happen more often when I am on the phone using the u connect, the reason is that even though I shut off the truck the radio and hands free system is still engaged until I open one of the doors, I figured I am not giving a chance for the system to reset itself. I am going to try a different key fob tomorrow and stay off the phone to see what happens. Sal

Old 07-01-2009, 03:49 AM
BubbaRadioNetwork
Veteran

I've never used the uconnect bluetooth in my truck and I have the unlock/lock problem.

Old 07-01-2009, 11:13 AM
TooFast007

I don't have uconnect either

Quick Reply: For those who's key fob stops working....